Grants:PEG/WM AM/Wiki Camp
Grant request details
- Are you an organization, a group, or an individual?
- Please provide your name, or the name of the group or organization requesting this grant.
- Wikimedia Armenia
- Please provide the name (or username) of the main contact for this grant request. You do not need to disclose your legal name publicly.
- Susanna Mkrtchyan
- For groups and organizations only: Please provide the name (or username) of a second contact for this grant request.
- Lilit Tarkhanyan
- Please link to any relevant documents, including your website if you have one.
- Official project name
- Wiki Camp
- Project start date
- This is the date you begin work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project start date.
- 1 July 2014
- Project completion date
- This is the date you finish work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project completion date.
- 31 August 2014
- Please describe the project in a few sentences
- We have very successful educational project with high schools. In order to encourage wiki active students, we are going to organize Wiki Camp (4 hour a day editing Wikipedia) near Vanadzor in July, for very active high school students, where accommodation will be free. We can host nearly 100 students. WM AM suggests to other countries, which are active in educational projects, to join Wiki Camp.
- In addition:
"Endanik" SNCO Youth Creative Center provides Camp for free in July 6-20 and August 12-26, so we can organize two terms of Wiki Camp. So we can organize mixed Wiki Camp: paid and free. For students, which are active Wiki editors, Wiki camp will be free, for new comers paid or partial paid. In this way with the same amount of money we can organize 2 terms of Wiki Camp. This Camp could host 100 students, so if we would organized 2 terms of Wiki Camp, in total we can accommodate 200 students (100 active editors for free and 100 newcomers).
Please request your grant in your local currency. WMF is able to grant funds in many currencies.
- Amount and currency requested
- Please provide an equivalent amount in US dollars using the exchange rate provided by Oanda on the date you open this request
For organizations only
This section only needs to be completed by organizations requesting grants. Individuals and groups that are not incorporated do not need to complete this section.
- Are you an incorporated organization able to provide local proof of nonprofit status within your country? For-profit organizations are not eligible to receive grants through the PEG program.
- Answer YES or NO.
- Does your organization currently employ or engage any fulltime or part-time staff or contractors? If yes, please tell us how many staff or contractors you employ or engage, along with their functions or a link to your staff page. For example, "2 full time program managers and 1 part-time contractor accountant at 50% FTE each."
Goals and measures of success
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- The project goal is to learn the experience of different countries educational projects, create articles about Armenia and particularly about Vanadzor and nearby historical monuments, in languages of participants and create articles in Armenian about countries of attendees, attract youth from Vanadzor to Wiki movement, organize local Wiki expeditions.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed.
- Measures of success
- We will suggest the list of articles from various sphere and list of articles about Armenia. Participants will create articles to various language versions of Wikipedia.
The results will be reviewed in two months and encourage more active wikipedians. The project will be successful if each of participants create or develop more than 10 articles.
Project scope and activities
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when?
- List of activities
- Arrival and accommodation of participants
- Departure of participants
Budget and resources
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost AMD||Total cost USD||Notes|
|1||Accommodation||Hotel||1 Person||100||0||0||0||Accommodation includes rooms for 100 participants during the whole project. We don't need any funds for accommodation.|
|2||Accommodation||Wi-Fi||1 Unit||As needed||0||0||0||Wi-Fi connection is provided by Shirak Technologies.|
|3||Accommodation||Sound equipment||1 Unit||As needed||0||0||0||Sound equipment is provided by hotel.It is for organizing seminars, discussions and evening parties.|
|4||Transport||Buses||1 Bus||10||141,400||1,414,000||3,413.73||Transportation cost includes transportation of participants from/to airport, transportation for wiki-expedition to Garni, Geghard, Vanadzor, Gyumri, Dilidjan|
|5||Food & Beverages||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Supper and Coffee Break||Per person||100||14*6200=86,800||8,680,000||20,955.60||Cost includes whole needed food for 100 participants for 14 days.|
|6||Office supplies||Print,scan, xerox||1 Sheet||As needed||0||0||0||We have all necessary supplies to care this cost.|
|7||Office supplies||Projector, board||1 Projector/board||As needed||0||0||0||We have all necessary supplies to care this cost.|
|8||Office supplies||Laptops||1 Laptop||10||0||0||0||We have 10 laptops that we are going to use during the project.|
|9||Office supplies||Wiki T-shirts||1 T-shirt||200||3200||640000||1545.10|
|10||Office supplies||Stationery package||Per person||100||1000||100000||241.42|
|11||Administrative expenses||Administrative expenses||For whole project||***||****||600,000||1,448.54|
|12||Unforeseen expenses||Unforeseen expenses||***||****||800,000||1,931.39|
- Total cost of project
- 12,634,000 AMD (30,501.32 USD)
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- 12,634,000 AMD (30,501.32 USD)
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
- It would be great if representative from Wikimedia Foundation will greet participants of Wiki Camp.
This section is optional. It may be used to highlight the potential grantee's potential for successfully executing this project.
Consider including the following information:
- List of team members (names or usernames):
- Onwiki evidence of community support (such as a project about this discussion):
- Endorsements from community members or movement groups:
- Special skills or qualifications this potential grantee or project lead brings to this project:
- Evidence of past success in executing similar projects:
- Team members
- SusikMkr (talk) 08:17, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- Shirak Technologies
- "Endanik" SNCO Youth Creative Center
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategy
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- increasing reach (more people will access or contribute to Wikipedia or our other projects),
- participation (more people actually contributing),
- quality (more content, more useful content, or higher-quality content),
- credibility (more trust in our projects),
- organizational maturity and effectiveness (how it will move you or the Wikimedia community forward),
- or financial sustainability (how it will help you achieve more in the long run)?
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See Project and Event Grants program criteria for decision making.
- During Wiki Camp all participants will contribute to Wikipedia, upload photos of cultural monuments of the region and will share experience of educational activities.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- Project will encourage students to stay in Wiki projects. During Wiki Camp will increase amount of files in Wikicommons with pictures of historical and natural monuments of North of Armenia and collection of manuscripts of Matenadaran.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- Since project is a part of educational project with high schools of Wikimedia Armenia, most of attendees will be most active wiki editors from high schools. Wiki camp will attract more students and help to increase students activities in wiki projects. We will collaborate with educational teams of other countries.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- The project successfully could be replicated by other chapters or organizations, if they succeeded educational project and have active team. Similar to this project we can organize thematic Wiki camps.
- Please list other benefits to the movement here.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT