Grants:PEG/WM RS/GLAM Start Up
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Grant contact name
- Mile Kiš
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- General secretary
- Project lead name
- Mile Kiš
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Project Manager
- Full project name
- GLAM Start Up
- Amount requested (in USD)
3,820.12 ($ 3012.63→ 3100.00 is requested provided that the grant is approved, because of the surplus of $ 807.49 from the Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia project)
- 4,620.12 ($ 3012.63→ 3100.00 is requested because of the surplus of $1,607.49 from the Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia project and Small Wikipedia Primer)
- Provisional target start date
- August 1 2012
- Provisional completion date
August 1 2013-- approved extension to 31 December 2013 Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 00:36, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
|No||Activity||Qty||Unit||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||Travel costs for organizers (attending meetings; during the project realization or other activities that require travel expenses)||12||months||500.99||400.00|
|2||Print and papers||12||months||250.5||200.00|
|3||Communication cost (cellular and fax)||12||months||751.49||600.00|
|4||Wikimedian in Residence ||375.74||300.00|
|6||Participation in covering cost for our other projects||1,252.49||1,000.00|
|7||Several small event (cocktails, press conferences ... (promotion of our successful projects))||1,252.49||1,000.00|
|8||glam website glam.wikimedia.rs||250.5||200.00|
|12||Taxes (for WiR) ||276.17||220.5|
|Subtotal||USD 6914.42||EUR 5,520.5|
|Total||GLAM Start Up||USD 6,914.42||EUR 5,520.5|
|No||Revised||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|2||WM RS & Ohhers||3,094.30||2,470.5|
|Subtotal||USD 6,914.42||EUR 5,520.5|
-  Wikipedian in Residence: Coverage of one month worth of costs for a WiR is planned in order to present the program of internship and its benefits, which should attract institutions and partners to finance this program in the following period.
-  According to the current regulations of Republic of Serbia, health benefits and pension insurance taxes are 62.13235% of the salary (fee). However, there are indications that the Government might consider the option for lowering the taxes to about 54% (+-2%). If such reduction does occur, WMRS will return the appropriate amount or offer a rebalance of the budget to the WMF.
-  WMF isn't the only source of funding WMRS will attempt to get a grant from.
Local goal is comprised of two subgoals:
- Development of GLAM program and project realization
- Development of the local GLAM team
Global goals include:
- Popularization of using QRpedia
- Popularization of WMF projects within cultural institutions
- Development of Wikimedia projects by writing new articles and obtaining multimedia files.
Project scope and list of activities
GLAM start up is a continuation of the GLAM program in Serbia. After successful Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia conference, certain contacts have been established regarding mutual cooperation on certain projects. Because of the general economic state in all spheres in Serbia, mutual cooperation also means joint coverage of the project expenses.
Participation in the financial coverage is also necessary because of the semi-openness of the institutions; they need to be shown previously successful projects in order for them to opt for cooperation.
Main activities will be directed towards:
- QR codes
- collecting images
- writing new and improving the quality of existing articles
- maintaining the GLAM site
-  Because of the business policy, names of the institutions we are negotiating with will not be publicly announced until the cooperation is definitive.
If it's possible, obtaining promotional material.
Participation in and help with press releases.
Fit to strategy
GLAM start up is supposed to attract GLAM institutions to cooperate with local Wikimedia chapter and encourage the use of Wikimedia projects by the GLAM sector. Also, successfully realized projects will raise the credibility and trust in the global Wikimedia movement, but also in WMF and WMRS.
Successful engagement in Wikipedia content related GLAM projects with institutions will add to the quality of existing articles and improve the quantity of articles. Image donations will enrich Wikimedia Commons with new materials, which will be used on articles on Wikimedia projects.
Installing of QR codes in institutions will improve usage and development of QRpedia. By including GLAM staff in project realization the door is opened for them to become regular Wikimedians.
None for now.
Measures of success
- Number of organized and realized projects
- Number of scanned QR codes
- Inclusion in the media
- For grantees
If you are the grantee or representative that wrote this grant submission, you may request changes by using these links: