Grants:PEG/Wikimedia TN User Group/Wiki Loves Earth Tunisia 2016/Report
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learned
- Wiki Loves Earth 2016 in Tunisia was the second experience of WLE in Tunisia and the seventh Wiki loves contest, as part of wiki loves earth this year we have orgonaise three event:
- Presentation of the event as part of carthage Edit-a-thon
- Photo walk in Chiba Dam Bezirk Dam and of Korba
- Closing Ceremony and Awards Presentation
- Photos of activities
- What worked well?
This year a big social media publicity campaign was done to promote the event throughout the territory of Tunisia, we have add new area for photography like Zone importante pour la conservation des oiseaux en Tunisie and Zones importantes pour les plantes en Tunisie.
New area was photographed specially in the south of Tunisia.
- What didn't work?
- This year the photo walk of WLE was so difficult because of the situation of the country, many area was not allowed to be visited, the contest period coincides with the month of Ramadan, so photographers can not move
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- we will try to avoid the month of Ramadan and to organise it with other association in Tunisia to increase the number of new area
Outcomes and impact
- Provide the original project goal here.
- Number of participating : 30
- Number of photos uploaded: 2 500
- Number of new users: 15
- 4 months after the contest, 300 (and 10%) of photos are used on wiki projects
- 4 months after the event, 200 (and 8%) of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured (this year we will increas the numbers of QI phots and only QI photos will be selected for the final)
- 20 new area weill be photographed
- 100 species of Tunisia will be photographed
- The prizes are handed early September 2016
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- Number of participating : 46 Done
- Number of photos uploaded: 660 Not done
- Number of new users: 27 Done
- 4 months after the contest, 54 (and 7%) of photos are used on wiki projects Not done
- 4 months after the event, 25 uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured Not done
- The prizes are handed early September 2016 Done
You find all Statistics about the event here
Progress towards targets and goals
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||5||Two members of organizations and other users of wikimedia commons|
|2. # of new editors||27||New users of wikimedia commons|
|3. # of individuals involved|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||54|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||660|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||3|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- Yes we have increase the motivation of contributors because a lot of photographers are take part of wiki loves monuments and are ready to participate to wiki loves Africa
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
Reporting and documentation of expenditures
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
PLACEHOLDER TEXT. SEE INSTRUCTIONS AT Grants:Index/Create financial report.
|Rubric||Number||Unit price||Total TND||Total USD||Total spending TND||Notes|
|Presentation about Wiki Loves Earth||1||150||150||75||0||Local rental and coffee break|
|Workshop Upload photos||1||150||150||75||0||Local rental and coffee break|
|Photo walks||4||300||1 200||598||800||Facilitate access to the participants in protected areas|
400 (Mug wiki loves earth for participants )
|1st prize 500 TND |
2nd prize 300 TND
|Final Ceremony [ Distribution of prices and pictures exhibition ]||1||500||500||249||250 Local rental
295 cafe break
|Printing of 20 Best Photos||15||30||450||224||500|
|emergency cost||300||149||11 (equipment for the ceremony)
6,750 (equipment for the ceremony)
9,147 (equipment for the ceremony)
5,5 (print certificate)
|Total||4 150||2 066||3 527,397|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 3 527 TND
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 4 150 TND
- Total amount spent on this project
- 3 527 TND
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 3 527 TND
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- YES .
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 622 TND
we have applay for this grant Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia TN/first meeting 2017
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT