Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Project Pragati for Skilling & Livelihood of under served Youth
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Edugreen Care Foundation
G. Have you received grants from the Wikimedia Foundation before?
- Did not apply previously
H. Have you received grants from any non-wiki organization before?
H.1 Which organization(s) did you receive grants from?
M. Do you have a fiscal sponsor?
M1. Fiscal organization name.
R. Where will this proposal be implemented?
S. Please indicate whether your work will be focused on one country (local), more than one or several countries in your region (regional) or has a cross-regional (global) scope:
S1. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
T. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has. (optional)
M. Do you have a fiscal sponsor?
M1. Fiscal organization name.
1. What is the overall vision of your organization and how does this proposal contribute to this? How does this proposal connect to past work and learning?
The Vision of Edugreen Care Foundation is "To be able to impact society by facilitating Dignified Living through Affordable Healthcare and ensuring Education through Empowerment and Growth." This project helps in educating , skilling & empowering the youth on home health aide & providing livelihood & employment to them . The project also helps our senior citizens get access to quality healthcare services at home at affordable rates which helps them reduce dependency on other family members and lead a life of dignity in their twilight years.
2. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important?
Through Project Pragati we wish to make the following changes in the society:
- 1. Educate & empower the under served youth & provide livelihood to them. This will help them realize their potential, dream for a better tomorrow, see hope for a brighter future, improve the quality of their & their familiy's lives. With a steady income through employment, they can focus on educating their siblings & other family members leading to a better future & growth.
- 2. The project helps in providing affordable quality healthcare services at home to people who need it, especially our senior citizens. This in turn shall help our seniors reduce dependency on family & relatives and have a more meaningful & dignified life in their twilight years.
3. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
The approach followed in the project maybe summarised as follows:
- 1. Identify the right candidate for the skilling sessions. As the work involves care giving, we look for candidates who have an attitude of caring, empathy & overall willingness to help people. Commitment of the candidates to the work and nature and personality of the person is considered.
- 2. We try to skill those candidates who have a basic education & responsible frame of mind. Minimum qualification is Class 12 pass.
- 3. As the work involves caring for people who may need support in their mobility, we try to choose candidates who have a basic physical strength like minimum 40 Kgs body weight
- 4. The healthcare ecosystem in India is grossly inadequate for the population spread of the country. This has been further emphasized during the Covid pandemic. Our aim is to provide relief to the public & private healthcare facilities by providing quality service at home so that people can get basic treatment at home & not visit the facilities for every need. This will reduce the load on the public facilities and patients with more relevant needs can avail of the services at hospitals.
4. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
The project is executed by the following steps:
- 1. Mobilization - The youth from under served section of the society who satisfy the qualifying criterion are mobilized from the locality and counselled. A preliminary examination is conducted to understand the basic IQ level of the candidate.
- 2. Selected candidates are taken through the training which consists of theory & demo in a hybrid mode.
- 3. Post the course coverage, a final test is conducted to test the skill & knowledge of the candidate. Qualifying candidates are provided certificates & offered employment in home healthcare services as trainees or OJT post which final confirmation is made on employment.
These steps help us identify the right & deserving candidates for the healthcare service who shall be able to provide genuine empathic care to the people. Thrust is made on the overall attitude & mentality of the candidate regarding care giving work .
5. Do you want to apply for multi-year funding?
5.1 If yes, provide a brief overview of Year 2 and Year 3 of the proposed plan and how this relates to the current proposal and your strategic plan?
6. Please include a timeline (operational calendar) for your proposal.
- Each skilling session shall be of 3 months duration & help in hybrid mode with 72 hours of Classroom study & 144 hours of digital content. This will be followed by OJT for the successful candidates.
Pre Training mobilization activity shall be of 15 days duration to mobilize, counsel & select the right candidate for the session.
7. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
We have a team for implementing the Project. Key team members are :
- 1. Team Lead- Operational head for the Project- Salaried employee
- 2. Facilitator- Consultant for the Project
- 3. Administrative staff- Salaried employee, volunteers
- 4. Infrastructure Partner- External, based on location of the training.
- 5. Head of Foundation - salaried employee
- 6. Mobilizer- Volunteers
8. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Socioeconomic Status
8.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
India is a youth centric country with majority of the population in the working age group. However, it has been seen that majority of the youth are unemployable and lack vocational training & employability skills. This project aims to bridge that gap & make the secondary educated youth employable by skilling them on Home Health Aide services. This helps the youth not only acquire new skill & knowledge but to also become independent & earn a livelihood or start his own business.
9. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Other, Diversity
10. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities? Please note, we had previously asked about inclusion and diversity in terms of CONTENTS, in this question we are asking about the diversity of PARTICIPANTS. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background, Socioeconomic status, Age
11. What are your strategies for engaging participants, particularly those that currently are non-Wikimedia?
The project is aimed at educating, skilling & empowering the youth from the under served sections of the society. The aim is to train them to be employable & provide livelihood & employment to them so that they can have a steady income thereby improving their quality of life, hope for a better future & educate their family members resulting in overall well being & growth. In this regard, our sessions are conducted in semi urban & rural areas to give the youth a platform to express themselves & provide equal opportunity to them.
12. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants and promoting the UCOC and Friendly Space Policy, and/or equivalent local policies and processes?
The selected candidates are from any religion & sex. Selection is made based on the basic qualifying criterion with no focus on sex, ethnicity, caste creed religion etc. Proper hygiene, privacy & safety measures are taken in the training centers to ensure both the sexes are comfortable & feel safe & secured in the class.
13. Do you have plans to work with Wikimedia communities, groups, or affiliates in your country, or in other countries, to implement this proposal?
13.1 If yes, please tell us about these connections online and offline and how you have let Wikimedia communities know about this proposal.
We can work with any community in future as per the need provided the basic tenants of the project are maintained.
14. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedian partners to implement this proposal?
14.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
We may work with local grassroot partners for Mobilization & Infrastructure support.
15. How do you hope to sustain or expand the work carried out in this proposal after the grant?
Post the utilization of the grant, we wish to continue with the project by providing the required funding from our healthcare services . We can work on a model to keep aside some contribution from the paid healthcare services provided by us through the candidates skilled by us which shall help in conducting new batches of the project & reach out to more beneficiaries.
16. What kind of risks do you anticipate and how would you mitigate these. This can include factors such as external/contextual issues that may affect implementation, as well as internal issues, such as governance/leadership changes.
- Project risks include
- 1. Not getting the right candidates- We can work on specific areas & locality which has a need for such initiatives.
- 2. Facilitator issues- Backup facilitators to fill in if need arise.
- 3. High drop outs- Some trainings may have higher drop outs by the end of month one etc. We shall have to move ahead with the qualified candidates in such case.
17. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of three options that most apply.
Coordinate Across Stakeholders, Invest in Skills and Leadership Development, Evaluate, Iterate, and Adapt
18. Please state if your organization or group has a Strategic Plan that can help us further understand your proposal. You can also upload it here.
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
19. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
We have a detailed Pre Training & Post Training questionnaire which gets filled by each candidate. The aim here is to study few socio economic & personality parameters for the candidates which may change over a period of time due to our intervention. Typical questionnaire include: Community Healthcare Project
Pre Training Questionnaire for Students
Male/ Female Age Education Level Profession Monthly Income Self Husband Wife Children ( No. ) Father Mother Brother ( No. ) Sister ( No. ) Others
SN PARTICULARS REMARK 1 How confident are you about yourself? 1. Very Confident
- 2. Confident
- 3. Not so Confident
- 4. No Confidence at all
2 Who is the decision maker at home? 1. Father
- 2. Mother
- 3. Husband
- 4. Wife
- 5. Self
- 3. What are the problems you face in life 1. Poverty & daily struggle for existence
- 2. Low respect from others.
- 3. No involvement in decision making at home
- 4. No one considers you seriously at home or society, feel left out
- 5. No job or opportunity to improve your life.
- 6. No hope for a better future
4 What is your aim in life 1. To be independent in life & stand on your own feet
- 2. To support your family
- 3. You have a dream & you want to realize it
- 4. To better your economic condition
- 5. To give back to the society
- 6. You have no aim.
5 Do you have a role model in life? 1. Yes2. No 6 Why do you want to be independent in life? 1. To better your economic condition
- 2. To have more respect
- 3. To take your own decisions
- 4. To be financially independent
- 5. Because your friends are independent
- 6. You feel unwanted in the society now & you want to come out of it
7 What changes will you bring to your life if you have a steady income support. 1. Support your children or siblings in education.
- 2. Better healthcare facilities for your family
- 3. Spend on expensive mobile phones, AC , Clothes etc
- 4. Improve quality of life
- 5. Increase savings
- 6. Build a better house for your family
8 What are the problems faced in your locality regarding healthcare 1. I am not aware
- 2. Healthcare in very expensive
- 3. Access to proper healthcare is very difficult.
- 4. Quality healthcare not available.
- 5. Too much crowd in health centers/ hospitals
- 6. Doctors/ technical staff not available
- 7. Others
- 9. How do you feel about helping the elderly people 1 Very Necessary
2 Necessary 3 Not necessary 10. What are the qualities you think necessary for a care giver to have 1. Caring attitude
- 2. Empathy towards the patient
- 3. Love for work
- 4. Commitment to service
- 5. Proper skill on handling healthcare service
11. Why do you want to get skilled in healthcare segment 1 You feel it is essential to serve the people in need 2 You love caring about people 3 To get a job 4 Social Pride & Prestige 5 You need money to support your family. 6 Chance to make quick money & get rich
20. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following space provided.
|Aim & Purpose in Life||Options:
|Changes Proposed in life post a job & steady income||Options:
|Confidence level||Pre training & post training confidence level measure||N/A|
Here are some additional metrics that you can use if they are relevant to your work. Please note that this is just an optional list, mostly of quantitative metrics. They may complement the qualitative metrics you have defined in the previous boxes.
|Number of editors that continue to participate/retained after activities||N/A||N/A|
|Number of organizers that continue to participate/retained after activities||N/A||N/A|
|Number of strategic partnerships that contribute to longer term growth, diversity and sustainability||N/A||N/A|
|Feedback from participants on effective strategies for attracting and retaining contributors||N/A||N/A|
|Diversity of participants brought in by grantees||N/A||N/A|
|Number of people reached through social media publications||N/A||N/A|
|Number of activities developed||N/A||N/A|
|Number of volunteer hours||N/A||N/A|
21. Additional core quantitative metrics. These core metrics will not tell the whole story about your work, but they are important for measuring some Movement-wide changes. Please try to include these core metrics if they are relevant to your work. If they are not, please use the space provided to explain why they are not relevant or why you can not capture this data. Your explanation will help us review our core metrics and make sure we are using the best ones for the movement as a whole.
|Number of participants||N/A||N/A|
|Number of editors||N/A||N/A|
|Number of organizers||N/A||N/A|
21.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
22. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected?
The Pre & Post questionnaires are filled by each participant & responce captured and analyzed based on parameters & number of candidates etc.
23. & 23.1 What is the amount you are requesting from WMF? Please provide this amount in your local currency. If you are thinking about a multi-year fund, please provide the amount for the first year.
- 5000000 INR
23.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 60767.5 USD
23.3 Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
23.4 Please include any additional observations or comments you would like to include about your budget.
Please use this optional space to upload any documents that you feel are important for further understanding your proposal.
- Other public document(s):
By submitting your proposal/funding request you agree that you are in agreement with the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and the Universal Code of Conduct.
We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
- Please add any feedback to the grant discussion page only. Any feedback added here will be removed.
- Wikimedia Community Fund/Proposals
- Wikimedia Community Fund/Proposals/Not funded
- Not funded General Support Funds for unknown region in FY 2022-23
- Not funded General Support Funds for unknown region in FY 2022-23 (undefined round)
- General Support Funds for unknown region in FY 2022-23 (undefined round)
- General Support Funds in FY 2022-23 (undefined round)