This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Prithee P, Isaacayodele32, Timmylegend
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wikimedia User Group Nigeria Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin Afrosounds Art+Feminism
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Art+Feminism @10 Lagos
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
This year, Art+Feminism is celebrating it's tenth year of existence whilst advancing the objectives of Wikimedia through promoting free knowledge of content and topics on open source, especially with concern to Women and Art. The theme for this year's celebration is "Collective Action". This narrative for celebration hopes to harness the strength and impact that comes with a community coming together towards achieving a certain productive goal. This concept is what we are trying to celebrate with Art+Feminism in Lagos. There exists a community of Wikimedia volunteers advancing the objectives of Art+Feminism in Lagos in which I co-ordinate and have hosted a training with them. Celebrating this birthday would provide us with the opportunity to increase our community member numbers and impact, and also increase the capacity of existing volunteers by learning and sharing techniques and knowledge related to contributing to Wikimedia, hence fulfilling the goal of the anniversary celebration.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
Building on the already established community in Lagos, the team hopes to host a series of event to celebrate and learn about how Art+Feminism have been instrumental in pursuing the goals of Wikimedia. Participants will be existing volunteer editors and new volunteers who have interest in advancing free knowledge through Art+Feminism and Wikimedia. This programme of events would also leverage on the partnership of another wiki-focused community advancing the promotion of underrepresented knowledge in African Music - Afrosounds. Hence, the target of this project would be to harness and increase the capacity of new and existing volunteer editors towards promoting free knowledge of content relating to Women in African Music and also celebrating the impact of Art+Feminism through collective participation as a strategy for empowering narratives, stories, facts and contributions of women in the Arican music on a global audience, free for everyone to know.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
A meet up and training event would be hosted for a day to intimate and increase capacity of experienced and new volunteer editors who have been a part of the community and/or share the same objectives with A+F towards contributing free knowledge content to open source around the topics of Art, Feminism and related discuss. A second meet up day would provide an opportunity for volunteer editors and participants to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of the campaign - Art+Feminism whilst facilitating conversations on collective action and how it has spurred positive impact in knowledge sharing. We would love to take experiences from hosting an A+F meet up last year and improve upon identified concerns.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Yes, I have the company of three experienced volunteer editors with me to facilitate this project. They are User:Isaacayodele32, User:Timmylegend and User:Prithee P. With experience in hosting and co-organizing various projects and meetups just like Afrosounds, Wiki Loves Africa, Wikipedia @20, Art+Feminism, Photo Tour of Urban Green Spaces, and other wiki events, I would be the lead for this project and be responsible for project management, onboarding participants and facilitating a training session. Timmylegend with a vast experience of contributing to Wikimedia projects, particularly being a previous Art+Feminism event organiser, would be a facilitator for training participants as well as Prithee P who is also an experienced contributor with numerous contributions and organizing other wiki projects like SheSaid and Wiki Loves SDGs. Facilitators are a member of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria. Isaacayedele32 would also join as a facilitator to manage the event with the team, having organized an introduction to wiki meet-up to interested volunteers in Abuja.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
The objectives of A+F hopes to bridge the knowledge gap existent on the free encyclopedia on content relating to women and arts. We hope to leverage on this to onboard, train and increase capacity of contributors to create and submit content that promote this idea whilst celebrating the achievements of the campaign for 10 years now through collective action. Particularly, this project hopes to bridge the knowledge gap on open source about topics relating to impactful women in African music.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Culture, heritage or GLAM , Human Rights, Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
Target participants would be individuals who have interest in learning and contributing to Wikimedia projects as regards the thematic discuss, with no attention to any form of discrimination. The use of social media would be adopted to make awareness about this project. Existing A+F community and related communities, groups, organizations and affiliates would also be intimated about the objectives of the project to leverage on their network, ideas and resources. Subsequent meetups would likely hold to sustain the community and further pursue the objectives at A+F. Post training survey would also be organized to harvest thoughts of participants as concerning the project and to build a directive of volunteers who have indicated interest in the project for further interactions.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
This project would be hosted within and around an inclusive environment which pays attention to the friendly space policy to include all humans interested in volunteering for free knowledge and provide support as necessary. The goal is to leverage on every participants' knowledge about the thematic discuss to contribute to the global sum of knowledge.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
The project has been announced on the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria discussion page to intimate the community to seek support, remarks and recommendations. It has also been discussed with concerned volunteers through WhatsApp and the Art+Feminism Telegram channel.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Provide for Safety and Inclusion, Identify Topics for Impact, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
How much of Women in African Music content have we contributed to free knowledge? How many volunteer editors have we increased their capacity towards contributing content? To what extent have we contributed to advancing A+F and Wikimedia objectives through the African music industry? How have we confirmed the authenticity of stories surrounding topics related to Women in African music? How well have we celebrated A+F 10th anniversary with the idea of "Collective Action" to participants.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
|Feedback from Participants on Skills Learnt
|This project hopes to have confidently equipped volunteers with the skills necessary to contribute accurately to free knowledge through Wikimedia and Art+Feminism projects.
|How many participants were trained on the essence of collective action towards promoting free knowledge.
|Sustainability of the Community
|How many participants are willing to continue being a part of the community extensively?
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|This project hopes to train and celebrate with a maximum of 30 participants
|Number of editors
|This project plans to facilitate the contribution of content by 30 participants to Wikimedia through the objectives of Art+Feminism
|Number of organizers
|The number of organisers required to carry out the planning and implementation of this project will be 4
|20 articles created at least and 100 articles improved upon at least
|At least 100 items contributed to Commons
|At least 20 contributions to Wikiquote
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
The outreach dashboard tool would be used to onboard participants and track contributions. Hence, provision of informed insight as regards the progress of the project would be monitored and managed. I would also appreciate any other support which would ensure the successful execution and management of this project.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).