This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Hausa Wikimedians User Group, Wikimedians User Group Nigeria.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Building Wikimedian community in Gusau
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
Gusau is one of the capital city with several tertiary institution, and have less knowledge on Wikipedia. This project will bring awareness to Wikimedia projects to Gusau residents as well as Zamfara state people in large. The project will aware about Wikipedia and it's program sisters in the State.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
Training and recruiting new editors of Wikimedia projects and others Wikimedians sister projects . Creating Hausa Wikimedia community at Zamfara. And we will Add and improve local contents about the State And related content of Gusau.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
There will be a trips in which me and other four facilitators we will make a tour within the city of Gusau sharing flyers and discussing with the people about Wikimedia projects. we will discuss about wikimedia and its projects. Workshop - we will organise a workshop were we will create account and trained the participants, how to create an article or improve articles content.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
The only team needed are all Wikimedians volunteers and experience editors and Hausa Wikimedians User Group members.eg MBash Ne is an experience Editor, Gwanki has lead several projects in his state and other state too He is also an (admin), Yusuf Sa'adu (editor), Em-MustafaCo-founder of Hausa Wikimedians User Group.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Language, Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
In this, we will add some cultural and traditions of the people of Gusau, In Wikipedia,wikidata and Commons
With the help of participants we will write many cultural background of some of the local well known rulers,and some history for research purpose.improve articles related to Zamfara State
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Human Rights
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background, Linguistic / Language
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
I and the others facilitators will be actively involved in facilitating the training and also making sure that the participants can contribute to Wikipedia and sister projects. At the end, the project will contribute and support wikipedia and wikimedia Commons in knowledge building as well as total development of wikimedia movement through relevant article development, creating more articles and good quality photo uploading.we will first encourage them important of establishing knowledge for humanity ,A weekly tutorial videos will be posted in a WhatsApp Group showing how to make a research,read and write Wikipedia. The participants will be from different communities but within the city,I will engage them in making short video to a WhatsApp group on how to read and edit Wikipedia projects.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
I will Contribute towards creating a safer, supportive and more by the known friendly space policy and Universal Code of Conduct. Which is the General friendly space policy for Wikimedia events and will be summarised and be read at the beginning of event to remind the participants and the organisers of the importance of friendly space policy.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
The Hausa Wikimedia User Group members suggest me to carry on this project. I will also inform others via WhatsApp groups.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
- Create community awareness about Wikimedia projects in Gusau.
- Train new editors and existing editors to have the required skills to edit Wikimedia projects.
- To write a local contents on history and culture.
- Upload qualitative photos of place in wiki commons
- add local articles of the people of Gusau and tradition rulers background and much more .
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
|We Will create an Awareness online and offline In order to show the aims and objectives of Wikimedian projects.
|Training new editors
|We will train new editors how to create new article,and also improve exist articles.
|Creating local article
|We will use this opportunity to create several local genuine articles regarding Gusau, or any influential person,be it a politician or a traditional ruler.
|Creating a WhatsApp Group
|After the event we will add the interested attendancein a WhatsApp Group to keep in touch to them
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|Number of editors
|Number of organizers
|We will create and improve articles related to Gusau and some of the State local governments.
|Insert many native Hausa words.
|Upload photos to Commons.
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Number of participants: Program and Events Dashboard
Number of Editors: Program and Events Dashboard
Number of Organisers: Program and Events Dashboard
Number of new content contributions to Wikimedia Projects: Program and Events Dashboard and Wikimedia Hashtag Tools
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).