This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Main Wikimedia username. (required)
Durga bhat bollurodi
- If you are a group or organization leader, board member, president, executive director, or staff member at any Wikimedia group, affiliate, or Wikimedia Foundation, you are required to self-identify and present all roles. (required)
- Describe all relevant roles with the name of the group or organization and description of the role. (required)
- 1. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Documentation of historical places of Moodubidire
- 2. and 3. Proposed start and end dates for the proposal.
2023-09-30 - 2024-01-30
- 4. Where will this proposal be implemented? (required)
- 5. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign, project, or event? If so, please select the relevant project or campaign. (required)
Wiki Loves Monuments
- 6. What is the change you are trying to bring? What are the main challenges or problems you are trying to solve? Describe this change or challenges, as well as main approaches to achieve it. (required)
Moodubidire Taluk is home to 10 ancient lakes, 18 Jain basadis and 18 temples. This area is identified as Jainakashi of the South India. In history there are references to this region during the rule of the kings of Tulunadu. Information about many places including Jain basadis which are places of pilgrims are mostly not available in e-sources. The project will be undertaken by the student team of Alvas Wikipedia Association under the guidance of Karavali Wikimedians User Group to introduce these places to the student community by adding articles and images to the wiki projects and documenting the activities of the wiki project. After adding necessary contents to wikipedia, QR code is generated for the same and installed at those places to help the tourists to access information easily.
- 7. What are the planned activities? (required) Please provide a list of main activities. You can also add a link to the public page for your project where details about your project can be found. Alternatively, you can upload a timeline document. When the activities include partnerships, include details about your partners and planned partnerships.
Initially Creating a list of historical places and alloting students research information from various authentic sources. Students who are new contributors to wiki projects are trained for adding articles through workshops and edit-a-thons. The project aims to add articles to multiple language wiki projects including Kannada, Tulu and English Wikipedias and Media documentation of the places on WikiCommons. QR codes are generated and installed at the historical places to help the visitors and tourists to acess wiki information.
The main objectives of the project is to create awareness among the importance of preserving, protecting and restoring the historical Jain Monuments
Ø To educate people about the historical significance of Jain monuments
Ø To make it access of information of these assets to public domain through Wiki projects ( QR Codes)
Ø To provide hands on experience to students about the heritage structures
Ø To establish and maintain a digital source and make youth to improve their history knowledge and to acquire more interest to understand the importance of history
Ø To provide inculcate research temperament in historical domain
- 8. Describe your team. Please provide their roles, Wikimedia Usernames and other details. (required) Include more details of the team, including their roles, usernames, Wikimedia group, and whether they are salaried, volunteers, consultants/contractors, etc. Team members involved in the grant application need to be aware of their involvement in the project.
Bharathesha (Bharathesh Alasandemajalu) Email : firstname.lastname@example.org - Guidance Yakshitha (Yakshitha) - Email: email@example.com - Report and documentation Indudhar Kini (Indudhar Haleangadi) - Email: Indudhar299@gmail.com - Student Training
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities? (required)
Our target participants are the students of Alva's Wikipedia Association which has a student community who contribute to multiple language wiki projects. WE are planned to engage students in writing article, uploading images to commons, researching information, collection of data and reporting. Once the project is completed participants are given certificates and appreciation based on their work. As per the academic guidelines participants are given internal assessment marks. Furher participants are trained to contribute more and engage in wiki projects throughout.
- 10. Does your project involve work with children or youth? (required)
- 10.1. Please provide a link to your Youth Safety Policy. (required) If the proposal indicates direct contact with children or youth, you are required to outline compliance with international and local laws for working with children and youth, and provide a youth safety policy aligned with these laws. Read more here.
- 11. How did you discuss the idea of your project with your community members and/or any relevant groups? Please describe steps taken and provide links to any on-wiki community discussion(s) about the proposal. (required) You need to inform the community and/or group, discuss the project with them, and involve them in planning this proposal. You also need to align the activities with other projects happening in the planned area of implementation to ensure collaboration within the community.
The project is discussed in community call and meet-ups. A page is created in village pump for further discussion. Community members are involved in planning the proposal, activities are assigned to community members to takeup incharge and guide students.
- 12. Does your proposal aim to work to bridge any of the content knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
- 13. Does your proposal include any of these areas or thematic focus? Select one option that most applies to your work. (required)
Culture, heritage or GLAM
- 14. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
- 15. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select one that most applies. (required)
Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning and metrics
- 17. What do you hope to learn from your work in this project or proposal? (required)
This project can bring awareness on the importance of preserving, protecting and restoring the historical Jain Monuments, old lakes and temples. It educates people about the historical significance of Jain monuments. After the implementation of QR Codes it is easy to access information of these assets to public domain through Wiki projects. This project provide hands on experience to students about the heritage structures by establishing and maintain a digital source and making youth to improve their history knowledge and to acquire more interest to understand the importance of history. The activities planned in this project can inculcate research temperament in historical domain
- 18. What are your Wikimedia project targets in numbers (metrics)? (required)
|Other Metrics||Target||Optional description|
|Number of participants||50||The participants include 40 students from Alva's Wikipedia Association including new contributors. Rest of the participants would be from Karavali Wikimedians user group, other wiki volunteers.|
|Number of editors||40||Out of 50 al parttoticipants, 30 student editors are idendified and trained|
|Number of organizers||4||To monitor student performance and support this project 4 voluteers are choosen to be the organizers|
|Wikimedia project||Number of content created or improved|
|Wikifunctions or Abtsract Wikipedia|
- Optional description for content contributions.
- 19. Do you have any other project targets in numbers (metrics)? (optional)
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
- 20. What tools would you use to measure each metrics? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support. (required)
Not Sure and need support
- 21. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it. (required)
- 22. and 22.1. What is the amount you are requesting for this proposal? Please provide the amount in your local currency. (required)
- 22.2. Convert the amount requested into USD using the Oanda converter. This is done only to help you assess the USD equivalent of the requested amount. Your request should be between 500 - 5,000 USD.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).