This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
musindi250, Annick green
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
currently I am a member of wikimedia communities user group Rwanda
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Kigali Youth meet up, satellite event to Greece hackathon 2023
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
There is a challenge in our community on technical aspect of Wikimedia / Wikipedia platforms where we don’t have specialized volunteers in that aspect of the movement With a community of more than 100 volunteers with various background, those who have a technological background are still few We need to engage technology savvy new members interested more in the technical aspects of Wikimedia / Wikipedia platforms. We are a community of young volunteers and gender equality is part of our principles where women are represented at least on 30%
We have engaged the computer scientists of the University of Rwanda and they are eager to know more about the opportunities present in Wikimedia especially the technical aspect to innovate and unleash their knowledge in open knowledge platform.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
bringing on board young technologists in a fun way in the organized event and watch party will be our strategy to overcome technical challenges we encountered. the effectiveness will come from the packaging of the event to be more interactive and engaging where we will publish it in social media to get a bigger audience and have a gender balance spirit where no one is left behind.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
in order to achieve our objectives and share knowledge with all. we will start with pre event workshop with young wikimedians and young computer scientists from universities. we will need high speed internet. And for live streaming we will also need a projector in watch party. so that everyone can watch the Video content of the conference in Greece. it is also understood that the participants will need transport, internet, foods, and Drinks while they will be following online. we will need the branded T-shirts, and rent Camera in order to promote Wikimedia's activities we will use Branding banners and all the activities will be organized in convenient space we will Rent in order to be attractive to a bigger audience
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
Not applicable, Other (please specify)
- Wikimedia Hackathon 2023 satellite event
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
yes, I have a Team we will work together . from the beginning to the End of project we are the young wikimedians in Rwanda based on wikimedia user group Rwanda their usernames are @Musindi250, @ Annick Green, and also our project will be implemented under the supervision of wikimedia user group Rwanda. the workshop will be faciiated by an expert participating in Greece hackaton in order to share the experience in wikimedia and media wiki scripting and coding .
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Age (regency), Language
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
In Rwanda knowledge on wikimedia is still very Low especially on technology and coding. We will connect young people who normally write articles on wikipedia with the young people from universities who have knowledge about Technology where we will share knowledge. We will ensure gender equity with at least 30 % being women. With the facilitation from an expert participating in Greece hackathon we will gain the experience in wikimedia and media wiki scripting and coding.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Public Policy, Open Technology
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Digital Access
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
my target is young Rwandan people especially young wikimedin and people from Universty becouse we will share the knowledge together. the universties share with us what their have about technology and coding and young wikimedian teach them more about wikimedia especially related to the project so, I will engage them through to social media calls and watsup group. and after the activities we will keep connecting and work together because the young wikimedian will want to know more about Technology and athers will also need to know more about wikimedia and their will join the Movement
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
The first thing is to follow Wikimedia's guidelines as we operate in a friendly space. Other things is to work together respectively and compliance with covid prevention rules as stipulated in the friendly space policies of wikimedia movement.https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Friendly_space_policies
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I will let them know trough social media like watsup Group, Facebook, Instagram, and tweeter. we will do the online meeting to announce them about the hackathon event few days before the exact event. in wikimedia user group Rwanda we have a platform twice a month were we met and plan for wikimedia activities so we will take that opportunity to announce and engage fellow wikimedians.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
we will partner with wikimedia user grooup Rwanda
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Ensure Equity in Decision-making
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
as wikimedian we will know more about technical knowledge about wikipedia and how to run project. and our knowledge capacity of wikimedia activities will increase while we are sharing free knowledge together.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
|number of active participants in workshop
|number of active participants in pre-events
|number of the active participants in the watch paty
|number of the active participants in the watch Paty
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|Number of editors
|Number of organizers
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will use the dashboard
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).