This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Houss 2020 Hommi2020 Ammarabbassi
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wikimedians of Nomads User Group https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedians_of_Nomads_User_Group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Monuments photowalk Tunisia
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
On Tunisia there is a lot of monuments ,more than 1000 monuments, But many monuments do not have images in Wikipedia (more than 600 monunements ), Also, many monuments have vanished and were not photographed,Although the Wiki Loves monuments competition was organized in Tunisia , 50% of the monuments were not filmed. our goal is to organise a photowalk for photographers to take photos of 60 new monuments
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
1-The first thing we have identified the list of monuments that will we be photographed link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1elkdDX9uLi2BDf0vItqpDz84Y228K3UIBWmAZk0oJhI/edit#gid=0 2-the second thing we will organise a information day with photographers and wikipedia users to give them feedback about the photo walk 3-the photowalk: after identified all monuments and our program we will organise the days photowalk, during this day we will visit and we will photographed all monuments selected in the list 4-after the photowalk we will organise a workshop for participants to upload photos and to use photos in wikipedia 5-Also a second workshop to write articles about monuments photographed
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Presentations Day for participants about the photo walk and wikipedia and wikimedia commons before the photowalk the photowalk after the photo walk, we will organise two workshop one to upload photos and to use them in wikipedia the second one to write article in wikipedia
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
Wiki Loves Monuments, Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
this activity falls under the program of activities of the new user group Wikimedians of Nomads User Group , A lot of members will take part of this activities as organizer or participants, you find below the list of members of this activities and the role of each one.
Naim Garboussi: leader of the activity Houssem Eddin boubakri: Workshops organizer Houssem Hoummi: coordinator
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Language, Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
during our search about this monuments in the internet we haven't found any file about this monuments only a maps of emplacement of this monuments, our project will bring a lot new photos to wikipedia and to decrese the content gap
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Geographic
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
the target participants are members of Wikimedians of Nomads User Group ;We will select 20 participants and 10 from participants will be women's;we are on contact with all participants, we have a facebook group , we organised some wikimedia activities with participants, after this event we will organise a lot of others activities as part of the user group to retain participants after our proposal is implemented.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
I did not understand this question,the objective of this activity for new participants is to understand the world of wikimedia, to create more content, you can consider a tutorial from wikipedia and wikimedia commons
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
to let our Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal, we will share an email with the wikimedia communities of Wiki loves monuments and Tunisia communities
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
Tunisian scouts is your partner, this association will help us to access to archeologiques sites and to prepare reservation for hotels These partnerships can include logistics, advocacy, mobilisation,
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
As part of this activity we want to learn more about wikimedia (Wikipedia, Wikimedia commons and wikidata) to learn more about monuments of Tunisia to increase the database of wikimedia about Tunisian archeologie
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|Total number of monuments||The total number of all monuments in Tunisia||1064|
|Number of all monuments Without photos in Tunisia||N/A||553|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||the number of participants cannot exceed 20 participants,they will be selected according to their motivation and availability||20|
|Number of editors||the same participants will be the editors of the articles||20|
|Number of organizers||organizers are also participants||3|
|Wikimedia Commons||participants will upload photos of all monuments( total number of photos uploaded)||300|
|Wikimedia Commons||new monuments photograph without photo on commons||80|
|Wikipedia||article written about monuments||20|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will create a category of photos upload as part of the event and we will use GLAMorous https://glamtools.toolforge.org/ to measure each metric selected
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).