This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Not a member to any Wikimedia affiliate.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Referencing and Categorization of words in Hausa Wiktionary for Standardisation.
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
As an Admin: Most of Hausa Wiktionary words do not have Reference and Category due to the lack of experience from the editors that are contributing to Hausa Wiktionary. Considering the importance of reference as a word is not originally fulfilled and valid until reference was provided, importantly, category makes it easier to find related words, and to understand the language natively. This project will train participants on how to provide both reference and the category and it will lead to have more words in their standard format and get more skillful editors. As many words are particially created and their explanation not properly elaborated. The problem we want to solve is to provide references to various words.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
1- Provision of references and categories to 500 words, the remaining words will be referenced and categorised voluntarily by train editors. 2-vailability of complete words containing reference in Hausa Wiktionary. 3-Availability in category words to make it easier for people interested in Hausa Wiktionary finding related words 4- Existing users will be train, to boost their progression activities in Hausa Wiktionary and get more skillful editors 5- Edithathon that will give editors and skills of conceptual words in their standard format.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
The activities will be training new and existing users on how to provide references for every word they created by using different Hausa dictionaries (Kamus) and online dictionaries. The activities will include training users how to categorise every word they created.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
1Lib1Ref, Other (please specify)
- Referencing and Categorization: this project is somehow similar to 1lib 1Ref but with other features.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
This project will be fasciltated by me an Admin, and experienced editor in Hausa Wikitionary user: Salisu Adamu
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
The project will help in the development of the Hausa language by providing comprehensive Hausa vocabulary that can help those who do not speak Hausa to learn it easily.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
The target are Hausa community. We already have a group of WhatsApp and Telegram
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We will abided by UCOC and friendly space policy of Wikimedia Foundation
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
We will inform our community about the planned activity through Hausa Wiktionary discussion page and our social media groups.
Also, we will work together with Hausa Wikimedians User Group in achieving our impact and to help out successfully, we notified them through this https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hausa_Wikimedians_User_Group#Hadin_Gwiwa_akan_dabbaga_Hausa_Wikitionary
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Improve User Experience, Manage Internal Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Currently Hausa Wikitionary words lack referencing and Categorization, this project will work to achieve that, so we wanted to learn how good participants will be in referencing words and Categorization, and how how far will they continue to reference and categorise words.
Also to learn how systematic words are going to be when referenced and categorised.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|35 participants will be engaged
|Number of editors
|30 participants will be contributing
|Number of organizers
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
400 words will referenced and categorised while 100 new words will be created.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
WMF Hashtags to tag users contribution.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).