This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Basem Fleifel: Management Consulting (Volunteer) Wikimedia Username: باسم فليفل Ahmed Ahmed: Work and Learn (Volunteer) Wikimedia Username: أحمد الياباني
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
yes: Wikimedia of the Levant
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
The Great Music (Part One)
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
I am trying to promote the Wikisource project by adding the work of one of the most important Arab thinkers to it, a work that is concerned with art By partnering with volunteers in the Wikimedia Levant group, I will work to increase the representation of underrepresented groups. Arab history is full of art and I will try to increase the importance of these works through Wikimedia projects
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
I will organize the dialogue between myself and the participants and I believe that this dialogue will be effective by increasing the importance of the Wikisource project in Arabic and I believe that it will effectively contribute to attracting new volunteers from underrepresented communities
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Education Contribute to Arabic Wikisource Dealing with texts written centuries ago and difficult to understand Increase faith in free knowledge dissemination projects
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
The team consists of an administrator in the encyclopedia who will provide administrative advice and assistance, and one volunteer who will learn how to edit on Wikisource and how to deal with old texts, and I will be the coordinator, all contributors will be volunteers
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance), Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
Works of Arab philosophers, especially those related to art, are poorly represented in Wikimedia encyclopedias in the Arabic language. This project will contribute to bridging the knowledge gap between the ancient Arab era and the modern era
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background, Disabilities
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
Participation will be through working on dealing with old texts and reading them, then learning how to add them on Wikisource. The dialogue will continue between the complainants to benefit from the personal experiences of each participant.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
Teaching participants how to work and thus adding enthusiasm to increase their contribution to these projects
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I am an active volunteer on Wikimedia projects and I have permanent contacts with volunteers, and through my activity and constant communication, all the community has the right to know about the implementation of the project. All volunteers associated with the project know its implementation
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- By drawing on the news of fellow editors through Wikimedia projects, as well as their expertise in their scholarly fields.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Good job on Wikisource Spreading free knowledge related to Arab history and Arab societies Dealing with ancient texts and processing texts so that they are clear and can be written
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants|
|Number of editors|
|Number of organizers|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
I will pass on a portion of about 300 pages by the Arab philosopher Abu Nasr Al-Farabi, and I will be the main supervisor in this work with the help of another administrator and volunteer. I will use modern methods to understand ancient writing and incomprehensible images, and the work will be published on a daily basis in Wikisource and through it I will measure the results of the work, and you will be able to make sure of the work for yourselves every day.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Through daily follow-up of achievements and adherence to the initiative's schedule. 30 days He published the first part, an introduction to the music industry, with footnotes to this part.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).