This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
1. Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey
- 2. Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Wiki For Human Rights 2022 in Turkey
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
As #WikiForHumanRights 2022 Turkey leg, to raise awareness on climate change, pollution and biodiversity in Turkish Wikipedia and to create non-existent articles about environmental issues. We would like to organize an edit-a-thon on the Turkish Wikipedia on the climate crisis and global warming, which are seen as one of the biggest problems of the 21st century.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
In fact, the main idea we are trying to bring is to fight disinformation and info pollution about the climate crisis, which is the common problem of other languages, as well as opening articles that do not exist in the relevant theme. With this work, we will pursue the mission of presenting more accurate and reliable information on issues related to climate change, biodiversity, agricultural production and environmental pollution in articles edited with reliable sources. With these Wikipedia articles -one of the most referenced guides by the readership- laying a brick in build a more informed society will be the greatest success.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
As active members, I can say that the main strategy of this project is to gradually eliminate the taboo on privacy and diffidence in face-to-face meetings between Turkish Wikipedia writers, which we observed in previous events and meetings. It reveals the importance of such offline events for the removal of pandemic restrictions and the need for more active members.
We are planning two edit-a-thons with face to face and online.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Volunteers: User:Vincent Vega, User:Vikipolimer, User:Kurmanbek, User:ToprakM, User:Kadı Paid staff: User: Zafer, User:Basak
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Socioeconomic Status, Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance)
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Human Rights, Climate Change and sustainability, Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
The target participants are active members of the Turkish Wikipedia community, new editors, and volunteers working and interested in the relevant theme. Actually, we would like to invite users who are expected to come from Turkey to this event for the Wikidata Conference for Turkic Wikipedians, which will be held between 21-23 October 2022.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We plan to inform about the WMF Friendly Space Policy and the Universal Code of Conduct. In addition, I will encourage the participants to invite the participants on the issue of equality and gender gap.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I shared my project idea for this concept before on the official telegram account of Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey. I also informed about the project at the online WikiTuesday meeting regularly organized by the community on August 2, 2022 
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- With the joint proposal, the other person will be able to compensate for the missing points of one side in the project, and a better result will be achieved with coordination and exchange of ideas.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
I sent an e-mail to an official from the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Turkey regarding the project idea, but I have not received any response yet. If they give positive feedback, we will invite their volunteer members to this event. World Wildlife Fund's efforts to combat climate change and forest fires, food safety, sustainable and safe agricultural production, etc. Concrete activities in these fields were the factors that encouraged us to offer cooperation.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Identify Topics for Impact, Evaluate, Iterate, and Adapt
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
The most important thing I want to learn is to create an awareness and attention in the Turkish Wikipedia community on the theme of "livable environment for human rights" and to see its effects. Another point we want to achieve concrete results is to create a "community spirit" and to target more volunteers to participate in such events and organizations.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|New Members||The number of new comers||5|
|New Articles||The number of new articles created||50|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||10-15 or more online and 7-8 participants in-person event||20|
|Number of editors||13||15|
|Number of organizers||I am the only organizer of this project||1|
|Wikipedia||Will be creating 50 new articles under the project activities||50|
|Wikidata||Dozens of new items will be created||35|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Program and Dashboard and Wikimedian Hashtag Tools will be used to measure the metric.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).