This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wikimedians of the Levant user group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Wikidata for Arabic Community Biodiversity WikiForHumanRights 2023
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
1. Improve Arabic content on Wikidata
- 2. Orient more people to edit and add to Wikidata
- 3. Improve the connection between Wikidata and Arabic Wikipedia
- 4. Learn people how to work on Wikidata.
- 5. Improve Biodiversity subjects regarding creatures and species on wikidata.
- 6. Highlight its important in Climate change issues.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
1. Build capacity to improve high-impact content in underrepresented communities by having online one-day training to knowing more about Wikidata and WikiForHumanRights campaign
- 2. Having a one month competition for improving Wikidata content with supervising of expertise in these domains (Wikidata and WikiForHumanRights)
- 3. Engaging the Arabic community with this campaign by adding banners and Ad to attend the training then to subscribe in the comptition
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
1. Online introduction meeting to Wikidata
- 2. Competition regarding biodiversity to add the correct [Arabic, English, Latin] names of the creatures. With mentioning of having the names from Realible resources.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
I will be the coordinator for this work and there will be two judges for the competition to review, correct and getting the results from expertise in the Arabic community
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance)
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
This work is oriented to fill the gap in Biodiversity and it will open the way for more contributions in this regard and help to get people involved more in Wikidata which is the bridge connection for Wikimedia projects.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Human Rights, Climate Change and sustainability, Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
- This work is oriented toward the Arabic Community to improve awareness about Human Rights and especially the biodiversity section. Plus, target people to add more to the Wikidata project.
- By publishing this sub-campaign in advance in the village pump of Arabic Wikipedia, Having a banner for it, and sharing the event in Social media channels of Arabic Wikipedia.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We are willing to apply and promote the Universal Code of Conduct throughout this work.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I will share about this campaign in the village pump of Arabic Wikipedia. After receiving, in addition to village pump I will share more details in Social media group of Arabic Wikipedia and the mailing list of it.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Identify Topics for Impact
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
1. Learn more regarding Biodiversity.
- 2. Get to know more about Arabic people's interest in human rights and Biodiversity.
- 3. The barriers to editing on other Wikimedia projects.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|New Editors to Wikidata||This metric is important to know how many people get to add to Wikidata after this project||10|
|Edits to Wikidata||N/A||N/A|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||Comptition participtions||20|
|Number of editors||Wikidata Elements edited||1000|
|Number of organizers||Organizer: 1
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
more than 10,000 edit to Wikidata
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- Wikidata for Arabic Community WikiForHumanRights 2023 - Application.pdf
- Wikidata for Arabic Community WikiForHumanRights 2023 - Application.pdf
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).