This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Main Wikimedia username. (required)
Hussein m mmbaga
- If you are a group or organization leader, board member, president, executive director, or staff member at any Wikimedia group, affiliate, or Wikimedia Foundation, you are required to self-identify and present all roles. (required)
- Describe all relevant roles with the name of the group or organization and description of the role. (required)
- 1. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Request for Internet support for Admin Duties and Translation on Meta in Swahili Language
- 2. and 3. Proposed start and end dates for the proposal.
2023-08-01 - 2024-06-01
- 4. Where will this proposal be implemented? (required)
- 5. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign, project, or event? If so, please select the relevant project or campaign. (required)
- 6. What is the change you are trying to bring? What are the main challenges or problems you are trying to solve? Describe this change or challenges, as well as main approaches to achieve it. (required)
I humbly request the Wikipedia Foundation's assistance in providing reliable and consistent internet access to aid me in executing my administrative responsibilities effectively. With a stable internet connection, I will be able to respond promptly to queries, address disputes, and perform administrative tasks efficiently.
Additionally, I am also deeply committed to contributing to Meta, especially when it comes to translating critical content into Swahili. As you may be aware, translation efforts on Meta are vital for fostering inclusivity and ensuring that information reaches a broader audience. Unfortunately, the absence of reliable internet has limited my participation in these important translation tasks. Having internet support will enable me to actively engage in translating essential Meta content into Swahili, thereby bridging language barriers and making knowledge accessible to a wider Swahili-speaking audience.
- 7. What are the planned activities? (required) Please provide a list of main activities. You can also add a link to the public page for your project where details about your project can be found. Alternatively, you can upload a timeline document. When the activities include partnerships, include details about your partners and planned partnerships.
My main responsibilities include overseeing articles, managing disputes, and supporting new editors in their journey to contribute effectively. I am also deeply committed to contributing to Meta, especially when it comes to translating critical content into Swahili.
- 8. Describe your team. Please provide their roles, Wikimedia Usernames and other details. (required) Include more details of the team, including their roles, usernames, Wikimedia group, and whether they are salaried, volunteers, consultants/contractors, etc. Team members involved in the grant application need to be aware of their involvement in the project.
Hussein m Mmbaga - sysop, translator on meta Swahili language
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities? (required)
general Swahili participants
- 10. Does your project involve work with children or youth? (required)
- 10.1. Please provide a link to your Youth Safety Policy. (required) If the proposal indicates direct contact with children or youth, you are required to outline compliance with international and local laws for working with children and youth, and provide a youth safety policy aligned with these laws. Read more here.
- 11. How did you discuss the idea of your project with your community members and/or any relevant groups? Please describe steps taken and provide links to any on-wiki community discussion(s) about the proposal. (required) You need to inform the community and/or group, discuss the project with them, and involve them in planning this proposal. You also need to align the activities with other projects happening in the planned area of implementation to ensure collaboration within the community.
- 12. Does your proposal aim to work to bridge any of the content knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
- 13. Does your proposal include any of these areas or thematic focus? Select one option that most applies to your work. (required)
- 14. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
Linguistic / Language
- 15. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select one that most applies. (required)
Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning and metrics
- 17. What do you hope to learn from your work in this project or proposal? (required)
facilitating their Wikipedia administrative duties and enhancing their role as a translator on Meta, thus contributing to the overall improvement and inclusivity of the Swahili Wikipedia and Meta communities.
- 18. What are your Wikimedia project targets in numbers (metrics)? (required)
|Number of participants
|Number of editors
|Number of organizers
|Number of content created or improved
|Wikifunctions or Abtsract Wikipedia
- Optional description for content contributions.
in each month
- 19. Do you have any other project targets in numbers (metrics)? (optional)
|Main Open Metrics
- 20. What tools would you use to measure each metrics? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support. (required)
- 21. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it. (required)
- 22. and 22.1. What is the amount you are requesting for this proposal? Please provide the amount in your local currency. (required)
- 22.2. Convert the amount requested into USD using the Oanda converter. This is done only to help you assess the USD equivalent of the requested amount. Your request should be between 500 - 5,000 USD.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).