Grants:Project/Rapid/अभय नातू/Colorado Wikipedia Day celebration
Jump to navigation Jump to search
अभय नातू/Colorado Wikipedia Day celebration 2019
Celebrate Wikipedia Day in several cities in Colorado by gathering editors, potential editors and readers. Increase offline visibility of Wikimedia/Wikipedia projects. Start a tradition in Colorado's Wikimedia community.
targetWikipedia Readers. Existing and potential editors.
start dateJanuary 19th
end dateMay 18th
budget (local currency)630 USD
budget (USD)630 USD
grantee• अभय नातू
contact(s)• asnatugmail.com• Isarra
organization (if applicable)• Wikimedians of Colorado User Group
This project has multiple goals:
- Socialize with community members
- Recruit new editors
- Celebrate Wikipedia Day 2019
- Start a tradition in Colorado's Wikimedia community
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Celebrate Wikipedia Day across several cities in Colorado. Stagger out the celebration across multiple meetings in different places to maximize organizer reach and create a sense of continuity.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- A meeting at the Boulder Public Library for Wikipedia Day in 2016 led to the creation of the Wikimedians of Colorado User Group.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Via community email lists, bulletin boards (on/offline) and word-of-mouth. This was discussed as a priority on Wikimedians of Colorado User Group email list.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- The staggered nature of the celebration will help us build continued engagement. We'll also do followup emails (opt-in), word-of-mouth publicity, and on-wiki notes
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We would like participation from other regions of Colorado, and if we can find organizers to lead events elsewhere, we can reallocate the funds to accommodate them.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 50
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 8 (across 3 venues)
Based on a goal number of 50 participants from the wider community (readers, students, etc), if we can rope in 5-10 of those to become actual editors longer-term, this will represent a hugely successful long-term outcome, and serve to justify a continued tradition of such events in a measurable capacity.
- Pizza, Cake/dessert and soft drinks (Food): $80*3. (3 venues currently planned)
- Materials (poster boards, sharpies, name badges, etc.) + Swag/door prizes (t shirts, stickers, pins, hats, etc. NO CASH prizes will be awarded): $80*3
- Volunteer/organizer travel: $50*3
- Space for event: $0 (local libraries will provide space)
- Total: 630 USD