Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Raise public awareness about Wikipedia in the city of Kano
- Add and improve content
- Recruits new contributors
- Meet existing Users Face to Face
- Train existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- It's 7days trip We will be walks over the Kano city especially the major schools including universities, colleges and secondary schools in Kano city, we will discuss with the teachers and students and share the fiers with important information related to Wikipedia.
- There is a Training on of one day after completing the trips, where we will teach how to write on Wikipedia to the event participants.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I will let them know through our social media handles
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Getting new editors from Kano State especially from Kano State Universities and Colleges.
- Provide more Wikipedia users especially from Kano State.
- Increase awareness about Wikipedia among the residents of the Kano.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
The link is here
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- If atleast Number of total participants reach 40
- If atleast the Number of new contributors join reach 30
- Increase in number of pageviews to Hausa Wikipedia
- Addition of quality content and improve stubs during the training
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Abubakar A Gwanki will lead the program with the help of M Bash Ne, Hamza DK, Yusuf Sa'adu and Maliky as team facilitators.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Training space||1||114,000||114,000||299.21||space for the training venues.|
|2||Data (internet access)||1||35,000||35,000||91.86||Data for internet access during the trainings|
|3||Laptop and Projector renting||1||37,95||37,950.||100||Laptop and Projector will be rented for the event|
|4||Snacks and refreshments||45||2,000||90,000||236.22||40 participants to participate for the training|
|5||Bus tickets||5||2,000||10,000||26.25||Bus tickets to/from to reimburse organizers for the training|
|6||Banner||1||40,000||40,000||104.99||Banner to be used during the training and for future initiatives|
|7||Food & Beverages||7trips X 5persons||2,000||70,000||183.73||Refreshment for organizers/volunteers during the trips.|
|8||Transport||7trips||2,000 * 7trips||70,000||183.73||A vehicle will be hired for Transport organisers volunteers for the 7trips.|
|9||Fliers/pamphlets/Tags||--||40, 000||40, 000||104.99||To be shared during trips|
|10||Branded T shirt &||5||5,000||50,000||131.23||This for Organizer and four volunteers for their identification during trips|
|11||Contingency fees||During the whole event||30,000||30,000||78.74||for contingency|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||583,950||583,950||1,540.94||**Forex rate used is $1 = 380.50 , provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|