Grants:Project/Rapid/Anasskoko/Nigerian Public Domain Files
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- There many Nigerian Videos/images that are currently in public domain, the license of some of these files are own by U.S.A, France and Nigeria, which are now currently in public domain, also from Nigerian newspapers that have been published for the past 60 years, so this project will upload those files to Wikimedia Commons by giving appropriate credit ownership of the files as public domain, So in this project videos and images that are in public domain will be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, also to link those files to Wikidata items for usage to Wikipedia pages, and this project will do the following activities
- Train existing editors on how to get files from other sources that are in Public Domain like archive, Newspapers and books.
- Train existing editors on how to upload those files in Wikimedia Commons as Not Own work by providing sources.
- Existing editors will get skills on how to make contribution in Wikimedia Commons corresponding to Wikidata and Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing? I and those that will carry out this project will carry out an online training, on how to upload Nigerian Public Domain files to Wikimedia Commons, we will spend time looking for images and videos online, Newspapers and from Library, that is from books and archives, when we are done we will upload them to Wikimedia Commons and make a link on Wikidata.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Through social media and Hausa Wikipedia Community portal
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I will make sure participants have absolutely acquired the required skills that make them contribute at the end of this project.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, there is an in person event.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of files to upload: there will be 500 or more files to upload to Wikimedia Commons
- Number of total participants: there will be 20 participants or above.
- Number of articles to improved with pictures (if applicable): will be more than 500 depending on
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): No pictures upload
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 100 photos or above base on qualitative scale.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I User:Anasskoko will lead this project with the help of User:Musa Vacho77 and User:Aliyu shaba as fascillitator.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- This is the budget breakdown for the online events of what is required.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN 680,000 / USD 1,761.71).
|1||Hall||1||120,000||120,000||315.789||Cost for venue to hold a training.|
|2||Data||1||80,000||80,000||210.526||Cost of data to upload images to Wikimedia Commons and to carried out training|
|3||Graphics design images:||10||3,000||30,000||78.947||Images that will help in making promotion online, and images to be used in during the projects.|
|4||Transportation||10 days||10,000||100,000||263.158||The amount to spent for transportation to different libraries for 10 days and transportation of organizers.|
|5||Certificate||15||2,000||30,000||78.947||Certificate of participation to participants in the training.|
|6||Food & snacks||10days x 10 food = 100||1000||100,000||263.158||Refreshments for 10 participants for 10 days, to visit library and archives.|
|7||Food & snacks||30 parti x 2,000||2000||60,000||157.895||The amount of money to spent for food to participants and organizers during in person training.|
|8||Medicals||30 items||80,000||210.526||The Amount to buy Hand wash, hand sanitizer and face mask.|
|9||Contingency||80,000||210.526||We might experience some new activities which might cause increase in the expected budget.|
|Grand Total: 680,000 NGN / 1,761.71 (380.704 Naira to a Dollar) as of April 18, 2021 in oanda.com.|