Grants:Project/Rapid/Anasskoko/Photowalk in Five different states of Hausa land
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To upload files images to Wikimedia Commons.￼
- To Add and improve content in Wikidata items and Wikipedia pages: This project will add the images to Wikidata items were relevant articles doesn't have pictures.
- Engage existing editors: This project will engage existing Editors by showing them how to snap, upload, release and link image to Wikipedia pages and to Wikidata.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
There will be total of 16 walks, four walks in every city, the walk will be started by 9:00 am to 4:00 pm for each and every day, and there will be minimum of 10 participants on each Walk.￼
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- This project will focused on making a documentation monuments in four Hausa land, that is Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Zaria, its imporatant because most of the these states has new updated monuments, which are not in Wikimedia Commons, for the past many months, I have tried a lot to documents these documents.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Hausa Community portal, here Hausa Wikipedia Community Portal and Social Media handles
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
We will let participants know through Community portal, we will create a WhatsApp group to communicate with them.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- First, the images will be upload to Wikimedia Commons, and since most of these images we will be taking will focused on monuments, and most of these monuments related articles in Wikipedia doesn't have images, so the existing Editors will work effectively to link those images to the related pages in Wikidata and Wiki's.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Most of the editors doesn't have camera, only few does, so camera will be hired for the walks, currently we have only two cameras.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
There are so many articles that have no images in Wikipedias, especially Hausa Monuments in Hausa land.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes there is in person event we will have a single training, the training will focused on snapping images, uploading images, releasing license and basics of making edits and contribution to Wikimedia Commons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 10 participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: At least 600 images
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: Minimum of 300 images and maximum of 400 images.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- In every state that will visit we have an accommodation.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- This is the budget breakdown for the online events of what is required.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN495,000 (USD 1,281 )).
|1||Hall||1||120,000||120,000||315.206||Cost for venue to hold a training.|
|2||Data||1||80,000||80,000||210.137||Cost of data to upload images to Wikimedia Commons and to carried out training|
|3||Graphics design images:||10||1,000||15,000||39.400||Images that will help in making promotion online, and images to be used in during the projects|
|4||Transportation||16 days||9,375||150,000||394.737||The amount to spent for transportation from one state to another for 16 days, four days on each state, during every walk transportation is required from one place to another, as the state is large.|
|5||Certificate||15||2,000||30,000||78.8015||Certificate of participation to participants in the photo walk|
|6||Hiring of Camera||5 camera||15,000 x 5 camera||75,000||197.004||The camera that will be hired for the photo walk for 16 days, each camera will be hired for 16 days at 15,000 NGN.|
|8||Food & snacks||16days x 10 food = 160||500||96,000||252.165||Refreshments for 10 participants for 16 days, it is going to be snacks, water and drinks.|
|9||Food & snacks||20 parti x 3000||3000||60,000||157.603||The amount of money to spent for food to participants and organisers during training.|
|Grand Total: 611,000 NGN / 1,647 (380.704 Naira to a Dollar) as of April 12, 2021 in oanda.com.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support There are many historical sites in Northern Nigeria, surely this Photowalk will discovered them and improve Commons as well as Many Wikipedia articles. Strongly Support -Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 13:27, 19 April 2021 (UTC)