Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit and train editors particularly belonging to groups that are underrepresented among Wikipedia such as women
- Add, improve and translate content around gender issues
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- IIt will be a serie of trainings that we call wikipermanences or wikimidis in French
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The information will be notified through https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Les_sans_pagEs, https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=les%20sans%20pages, https://twitter.com/lessanspagEs
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have at least 2 very experienced and 4 that are regular editiors and have been trained during similar events over the last 2 years
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- People will come with their computer
During the meetings they will be supported to improve their skills to contribute A list of possible articles that need Wikipedia pages will be compiled before the event 5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be able to inscribe in the project and will be informed of next meeting and events on the main project page.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6
- Number of participants: 5 to 8 regular + / - 20%
- Number of new editors: 5 +/- 20%
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50 +/- 20%
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events:10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Current volunteers will help spread the news about the wikipermanences. We have online tutorials of the Wikimooc to train new participants, and working lists on the main project page.
Every participant will bring their own computer. Wifi access is provided. The first events are to take place at the University of Geneva but we are looking for different locations as well. What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- food and drink par event, menus: (18 CHF menu * 8 persons)= 144 par edithathon * 6 = 864 CHF
- coffe: (4 CHF coffe * 8 persons)= 32 per edithaton * 6 =192 CHF
- roll up or posters to easily find us that can be used afterwards: 200 CHF
Total menus + coffe + poster =1256 CHF The various budget lines can vary up or down by 20% max 1507 CHF
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Roxigene : I am proud to endorse this amazing project which allows many people to be part of a group of engaged Wikipedia contibutors around underrepresented themes such as women.
- Otarie69 : I endorse this project which will enable among other things to maintain the wikimidis held in 2016 and 2017.
- Fruitful project. Yann (talk) 11:58, 17 December 2017 (UTC)
- Total support for the Wikimidi group showing willingness to continue their regular meetings Nattes à chat (talk) 21:56, 17 December 2017 (UTC)
- my full support to this project to be continued Suzy1919. Thanks to Wikimidis, I know that I can get from every Wikimidis: support, new pages inspiration and get my beginner' frustration replaced by group' enthusiasm of December 18th 2017, 13:42 UTC
- I support this project because the equity around gender issues is the most important challenge of our age. Wikimedia must contribute in this processus. I consider very interesting to give the best representation to groups that are underrepresented among Wikipedia such as women.
Ferdinando Miranda Chargé de projets genre et LGBTQI firstname.lastname@example.org Service égalité | Bureau 405 Université de Genève | 24 rue Général-Dufour Tél 022 379 71 03| Fax 022 379 12 68 www.unige.ch/rectorat/egalite 220.127.116.11 07:57, 18 December 2017 (UTC)