Grants:Project/Rapid/Atlanta Wikipedia Day 2019
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Engage and recruit new editors
- Add or improve local Atlanta content
- Foster community among Atlanta Wikimedians
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- To celebrate the founding of Wikipedia and engage new local editors in the movement.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- A celebration event in 2011 was the first meetup in Atlanta and it led to the creation of the local Wikimedia community group.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- The event will publicized over Facebook, e-mail, and Wikipedia meetup page.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Plan to invite them to join the Facebook group. Also, plan meetups through out the year to keep them engaged.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The idea to celebrate this event came out discussions at North American Wikipedia Conference at Columbus. Have been inspired by NYK's all day event. Expecting this to become annual event with multiple sessions.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 25
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 3
- Pizza and dessert (Food): $150
- Materials (poster boards, sharpies, name badges, etc.) + Swag/door prizes: $100
- Volunteer/organizer travel: $100
- Space for event: $250
- Total: 600 USD