Grants:Project/Rapid/Barcamp Wikipedia (2017)
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
- Number of people who will help organize the event
|10/29/2016||Main room||Other rooms||Tasked||Resource||Link?|
|9:00:00||1:00:00||Registration + Networking|
|10:00:00||0:20:00||Introduction (Video mainly) Why we are here|
|10:20:00||0:40:00||Open Discussion on theme: Wikipedia and directly related sister wikis (Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons) – explaining what Wikipedia is as you would in a a Wikipedia presentation||Resource Sheet|
|11:00:00||2:00:00||Speed mentoring (Dedicated to explaining communities and projects that can form around Wikipedia & sister wikis eg – a mentor for creating school clubs, starting women related projects, a mentor for explaining opportunities etc)||Resource Sheet|
|13:00:00||0:20:00||Partner presentations (Part 1)|
|13:20:00||0:40:00||Q&A Session (panel answers questions)|
|14:40:00||0:30:00||Partner presentation (Part 2) + Organization presentations and Team Introduction|
|15:10:00||0:20:00||Agenda Building – introduction to mini workshops in breakout to be had so participants can choose which sessions to join|
|15:30:00||1:00:00||Breakout Session – 10 participants per session. Session: hands on editing of wikipedia (three sessions), handson of wikidata (1 session) and demo of Wikimedia Commons (1 session)|
|16:30:00||0:30:00||Closing and Evaluation (Tildes idea)|
|Description||Amount||Unit Price||Total - Budget||Actual Cost||Expenditure||Amounts are in Ghanaian cedis ₵|
|Securing venue, tables & chairs||1||200||200|
|Lunch or snacks for attendees||200||8||1600|
|Drinks, juice and water for attendees||200||3||600|
|served in the morning||100||3||300|
|For use in audible messaging, background music, etc||1||200||200|
|Communication and organizing logistics||7||20||140|
|Internet provision for real-time updates and communication||1||100||100|
|Will print a number of posters and flyers + banners||1||200||200|
|Printing event t-shirts||10||22||220|
|Getting radio, media coverage and documenting proceedings||1||300||300|
|Printing name tags, needed paper, pens, etc||1||100||100|
|Mentors T N T||16||10||160|
|Amount for each team member||7||100||700|
|Total budget amount should be within ₵15 to 20 per head, so if for 200 people, within ₵3000-4500|
|SPONSORSHIP & REVENUE|
(as recommended by GhanaThink/Barcamp Ghana)
- Barcamp Wikipedia Lead (Southern Ghana) – Sandiooses (talk) 12:39, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
- Barcamp Wikipedia Lead (Northern Ghana) – Jaward (talk) 17:54, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- Barcamp Wikipedia Partnerships/Sponsorships/Grant – Mawulicherubim (talk) 09:43, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Barcamp Wikipedia social media & online –
- Barcamp Wikipedia volunteers from Barcamp Ghana –
Wikimedia Ghana members who want to participate but haven't defined their roles:
- Nkansahrexford (talk) 14:51, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
- SitsofeOfori (talk) 15:23, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
- Wsduho (talk) 10:38, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- BillyAwittor (talk) 09:43, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- TereseB (talk) 21:33, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Goddyliz (talk) 10:01, 26 February 2017 (UTC)
- A pre-registration platform which will allow participants create usernames (because of Wikipedia account creation restrictions)/ download Wikipedia app/ follow us on social media and use a generated code to pick up T-shirts from Impact Hub/iSpace/personal pick ups
- 1 registration desk on the day to just check-in pre-registered participants and give username tags
- Video for introduction
- Wikipedia presentation slides
- Main host/hostess to moderate/conduct discussions
- Seating to accommodate speed dating
- Notepads and pens to write down qtns
- 3 projectors
- white boards for mentors