Grants:Project/Rapid/Bijay chaurasia/Educational institution Photowalk and Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Upload photos of Educational institution of Nepal in Wikimedia Commons.
- Engage existing editors.
- Build collaboration with Educational institution.
- Improve the Quality of images.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We are planning to cover around 50 educational institutions from different parts of Nepal. We have prepared a list of the top educational institutions of Nepal which shows most of the educational institutions are from Kathmandu Valley. We are planning for 5 photowalks in Kathmandu Valley and 2 outside the valley and rest of the institution will be covered through tours.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The Photowalk will be focused to click the photos of Educational institution building, classrooms, Laboratory and sports ground (if there is). The walk is important because there are numerous stub articles about the educational institution in Nepali and Maithili Wikipedia. We will also collect reliable cited information from authorities about the institution so one can improve the article on Wikipedia.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We are quite sure because we already have the plan to run Edit-a-thon to use those images on both Wikipedia's.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute to high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we will only include those participants who have at least a camera to photograph the various subject of the Educational institution.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will try our best to collaborate with the educational institutions for further future Wikimedia activities.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants during post Edit-a-thon: 5 to 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 150+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have an experienced team of photographers (MWUG and WMON) who support this event online and offline.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S.N.||Category||Purpose||No. of Team Members (Photogaphers)||Quanity||Amount||Total (NPR)||Summary|
|1||Photowalk (Inside Kathmandu Valley)||Foods, Snacks and Local transportation||5 to 7||5||15000||75000||This include team snacks and Lunch|
|Photowalk (Outside Kathmandu Valley)||Travel, Accommodation, Food and Snacks||3 to 5||2||20000||40000||This include team logistics and food|
|2||Photo Edit-a-thon||Snacks and Local transportation||3||42||2200||92400||This includes snacks and local transportation|
|3||Certificates||Participants of Edit-a-thon||15||100||1500|
|4||Communication||Internet and Mobile||1||6000||6000|
|Total||217900 (NPR)||1945 (USD)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!