Grants:Project/Rapid/Chinese&Vietnamese Wikimedians' Meetup 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chinese&Vietnamese Wikimedians' Meetup 2017
To communicate with the challenges faced by Wikipedia in Vietnam and China, including network control and community building. We will discuss how to edit each other's countries portal in each other's Wikipedia, such like the Asian Month or Wiki Loves Earth and so on.
start dateOctober 1
end dateOctober 6
budget (local currency)¥9,370
organization (if applicable)• Wikimedians in Qingdao User Group
website (if applicable)• https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=262654130828164
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members, including Wikimedians and people who have just come into contact with Wikimedia.
- Discuss plans and programs for organizing community organizations.
- Discuss the plight of the development of Wikipedia in the two countries, and plan the program.
- Experience and learn Vietnamese culture.
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- First of all, I think that China and Vietnam are friendly neighbors, and the cultural and political systems of the two countries are similar. Now China's Silk Road initiative, the Chinese Wikipedia also expressed their willingness and look forward to working with neighboring countries to exchange experiences and enhance mutual trust, so you can learn each other's strengths. At that time, we will be in several well-known universities in Vietnam for Chinese and Chinese characters edit-a-thon. Because we are the first time to Vietnam, so I need to understand the situation in Vietnam, Vietnam community also plans to establish a user group, and Qingdao user group will also be incorporated into the AffCo's plan, so we will be in the user group construction more detailed communication.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- This kind of meeting is the first time for me. I cherish this hard-won first time.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- I will be on our community Facebook page, IM group and my personal social media home page, as well as the Vietnamese community social networking sites or forums to promote.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- My plan is such that I will stay in touch with the Vietnamese community and will visit each other in the next year. And to promote the establishment of East Asia and Southeast Asia Wikimedia Association.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the ideological collision between the two wikis, we will open Facebook LIVE!
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants would be at least 15
- Number of people who will help organize the event: This meeting has 5 volunteers from the Vietnamese community to help.
- Transportation expense (From Saigon to Qingdao by plane): ¥6,610 ($980)
- Accommodation expense: ¥1,620 ($240)
- Visa fees: ¥660 ($100)
- Daily meal diem: ¥480 ($70)
- Total:¥9,370 ($1,390)
- Strong oppose per Grants talk:TPS/TSVC1190/Chinese&Vietnamese Wikipedians Friendship Tour. TSVC1190 has proven that his Vietnamese and English skills are not good several days ago so we don't think he can communicate smoothly. --22.214.171.124 13:56, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support It will be a good lesson for TSVC1190 and the WMF because the money will be wasted by this friend. --Amanojaku (talk) 11:47, 28 July 2017 (UTC)