Grants:Project/Rapid/Codtz/USLW Revision 1
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Yes, I will be running a series of edit-a-thon and trainings
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I will let other Wikimedia community member know about the event by writing on the community meta page and posting on different social media.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will communicate to the participants via phone calling, text messages, mails and posting on the different social medias.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, many of the users have the required equipment and skills. However for those with lack of enough of skills we will provide training.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Through providing support so as to keep them active.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes we will be running in-person events. Find the attached link for the Risk Assessment form.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of new editors: 2
- Number of of articles created or improved: at-least 50 new articles and many others improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Sylvester Johnbosco - Event Facilitator
- Alex Method - Training facilitator (capacity building)
- Magoiga Mtatiro - Trainer and advisor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food, bites & Drinks: 8USD X 15 (Participants) X 2 Events= 240USD
- Venue: 150USD X 2 Events= 300USD
- Internet Support= 100USD
- Local transport for participants: 15USD X 15(Participants) X 2Events= 450USD
- Stationaries: 50USD
- COVID-19 Protective equipment (Sanitizers & Masks): 50USD
- Transport for facilitator: 25USD X 2Events: 50USD
- Accommodation for facilitator: 35USD X 2Events: 70USD
- Bank Rates: 50USD
TOTAL AMOUNT REQUESTED: 1,360 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!