Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are doing several editathons and training sessions. Only the first is announced (so far) but we are planning a total of four sessions in four months.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Some yes but others don't. In order to support them there will be computers available from a local school, books and catalogues from a local University Library and also an organised online library (with reliable page links and PDF's) from myself. For editing there will be an experienced editor giving two lessons each event and supporting all through the day. There will also be videos about how to become a new user, how to edit and concerning Wikipedia editing policies. And of course in order all the assistance and exchange will be provided from the most experienced users.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? After the first event (11th March), among participants, three more dates will be arranged to keep on the work started, on smaller groups, until July. The sessions will be held on a museum (Espaço da Concas) with public free access every day from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m. and 15 til 18 p.m., expecting this way to engage new visitors, introducing the project and creating curiosity for both Wikipedia and Wikimedia. Between April and July, a catalogue will be done with participants engagement. This will concern the work previously made, expecting to spread out the work and create a cohesive group for further activities. We will also be in touch with participants through facebook, the project blog, wikipedia project page, project email, and directly through the museum.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? Alongside the editathons there will be an exhibition. Since the project subject are Portuguese women artists, it was thought that having an exhibition of contemporary Portuguese women artist alongside Portuguese women artists from museum collections from the XX century, could be a brighter way of engaging several publics with the Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. This way artists, curators, historians, philosophers, teachers, students, journalists and also general public same as local schools will be familiarised with the project and welcome to participate on upcoming editathons and trainings.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 4
- Number of participants 50
- Number of new editors 45
- Number of articles created or improved 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). The Museum (Espaço da Concas - Centro de Artes) is lending its venue for free, consisting of one large floor, with three divided rooms, assistance, maintenance, photographer and video projector for training. A local school borrow the computers. The local Library University (ESAD.CR) is exceptionally lending books and catalogues. Another Library University (FBAUP - Porto University) is also lending books and catalogues. Two experienced editors are attending.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $200 x 3 events = $600 (for 1 event I had another sponsor)
- Childcare = 7hrs x $20/hr x 4 events = $560 - $100 (from another sponsor) = $460
- Miscellaneous supplies = $540 - $200 (from another sponsor) = $340 (printing information about the event, name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.)
Total = 1,400 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- In support of the cause. Good luck! Leon saudanha (talk) 13:36, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
- This is a strong proposal that builds on a good, established template for editing advocacy events (Art+Feminism) and I would like to see it succeed! Artchivist1 (talk) 21:22, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
- On behalf of Art+Feminism, we are happy to support this grant. Theredproject (talk) 21:36, 4 February 2018 (UTC)