Grants:Project/Rapid/Dfertileplain/Wikipedia at 20 in Nigeria campaign
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- Contest, Social media and street campaign
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- We'll building awareness for the contest mainly through Instagram ads. However, relevant information will also be shared on the Nigerian mailing list, facebook page, twitter page, etc
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- Photos and videos will be shared across social media platforms and partipants will be integrated into the Wikimedia Nigeria community
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- The event will be lesser than 10 people as it only requires contact of the presenters with the random individual on the street of Lagos and pose no security or COVID threat, and also will obey all safety precautions in Nigeria.
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- If at least 30 participants were interviewed on the street of Lagos.
- If at least 30 participants partipated in the contest by sharing their videos on Instagram.
- If at least 3 people help organize the event.
- If at least 80% participants known more about the art of contributing to Wikipedia.
- If at least 10,000 people viewed the video
- If at least 40 videos were adeed to Wikimedia commons.
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Dfertileplain; Project manager.
- Comradeayobami; media volunteer.
- Jamie Tubers; Advisor.
- Blossom Ozurumba; Advisor.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Video Equipment Hiring and Editing = $1,010
- Social media Ad Campaign = $340
- Branded Wikipedia Merchandise (To be given to an estimated 35 interviewees at a unit cost of $8 each) = $280
- Prizes for the contest winners (4 winners will be given a phone of not more than 78.94 each) = $315.76
- Logistics and Miscellaneous (Internet Data, Local Transport etc) = 54.24
Total budget = $2,000
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.