Grants:Project/Rapid/DraftName/Wiki Loves Africa
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add more images about occupations in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on occupations in our country.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
- Presentation of the contest / launching event
- Press conference at launch
- workshop about the events and how to participate : in October
- Photowalks to gather random pictures on the theme
- upload session
- training session
- closing ceremony with team and invited guests
- closing ceremony with celebration of local winners
- photo exhibition held
- post contest integration edit-a-thon
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on visuals and audio visuals about the various occupations, professions and jobs in our country. This quest is important in documenting every aspect of Ghana in the attempt to sharing knowledge about our country. We also deem this opportunity crucial in gathering pictures of some very important figures, such as ministers and government representatives, business men and women in different areas of work.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use our social media channels, the mailing list for the community and other tech and volunteer communities to reach out to enthusiasts.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards or there will be no local award selection and prizes.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have follow up edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia and using Wikidata for other languages too. For the ones without existing articles, we will create new articles so as to make use of them.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- if you have already run WLA in the past, comment on past WLA and how it made a difference to your community
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!