Grants:Project/Rapid/Edit-a-thon Neuroscience and Mathematics
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
- Foster a Wikimedia-friendly community in the best university in Brazil (USP)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? One edit-a-thon. The UG BR has already been involved in an edit-a-thon in the same university last year, in the context of a scientific conference. More information here.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. A page has already been drafted on pt.wikipedia. Posters are expected to be spread on campus, depending on funding. A post on the village pump in Portuguese was published, and a press release was sent out from the UG Wikimedia in Brazil.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?Yes, including Wikipedian-in-residence Horadrim.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? The UG BR has secured a partnership with a research center at the University of São Paulo, that will grant access to a computer laboratory with twenty desktop computers. Internet access is freely provided to students at the university.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? The UG BR will record participants' emails (as well as user names) and ask during the event to include this emails on the user-group mailing list. A specific message will be sent some days after the event to ask for an assessment of the activity and to follow up.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? This activity is part of an ongoing initiative to promote scientific dissemination through Wikimedia projects in Brazil, that has been reported here.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants:
- Number of new editors:
- Number of of articles created or improved:
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). Computer laboratory is secured from a partner. Brochure on basics of Wikipedia editing (from prior activities).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Printing of poster:
BRL 1,000BRL 700
BRL 300BRL 600
- Banner of the UG BR: BRL 700 (this particular product can be used in subsequent activities that the user group can promote)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support.This project will happen in a renowned university to improve Wikimedia projects among the students, and is prepared by users that have continuosly helped promote Wikimedia in Brazil. Horadrim~usurped (talk) 18:18, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support.This edit-a-thon is likely to attract a considerable number of potential volunteers, as we saw with a couple of other thematic edit-a-thons that the user group promoted in the past. It is going to happen in a prestigious university, by the way. Victor Lopes (talk) 19:47, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support.That is an excellent initiative that fits perfectly with the objectives of promoting Wikimedia and raising quality of articles. —Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 20:47, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support. The support of a renowned institution will draw attention to the project and its potential in education.Dianakc (talk) 00:21, 21 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support This is a very important project for our User Group. Vinicius Siqueira (talk) 23:56, 22 August 2016 (UTC)