Grants:Project/Rapid/Follow up Training for Participants of Wikipedia 20 Celebration
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- Recruit new editors to the Yoruba & English Wikipedia
- Increase the quality of contents on the Yoruba & English Wikipedia
- Increase contents on Yoruba & English Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to organize a 2-day training for participants of the Wikipedia 20 celebration at Balagry Slave Museum and Black History Museum. The participants would be a mix of new and existing editors. They would be trained on different aspect of Wikipedia editing, copyright and how to upload images to Wikimedia Commons.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We already have a WhatsApp group where we are engaging the participants after the Wikipedia 20 event. They would be informed via that channel.
- WUGN Community here
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have the equipment needed to contribute high quality contents. Participants would be students and teachers with computer devices.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants would be grouped and mentors would be assign to each group with break-out WhatsApp Group.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 35
- Number of new editors: 7
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20
- Number of repeat participants: 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Events facilitators and other volunteers
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and refreshment - 5,000 x 35 x 2 days = 350,000
- Training hall rental - 100,000 x 2 days = 200,000
- Data bundle for Internet access: 20,000
- Digital banner on social media: 20,000
- Transport for facilitators: 15,000 x 3 = 45,000
- Camera Rental : 20,000 x 1 = 20,000
- Customized Face mask = 400 x 35 = 17,000
- Certificate of participation: 1000 x 35 = 35,000
- Communications (phone calls & internet before and after the events): 20,000
- Contingency = 40,000
Total budget =767,000 NGN (1,999.58 USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!