Grants:Project/Rapid/Fordham University Library/workshop October 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fordham University/workshop October 2016
catering and childcare for a 3-hour Wikipedia workshop at a university
start date20 October
end date27 October
budget (local currency)300
organization (if applicable)• Fordham University
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- This is to further engage students and faculty at Fordham University in Wikimedia project participation.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Fordham University has already hosted several Wikipedia meetups. The school is starting to document those at en:Category:Fordham University meetups.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Fordham University will advertise the meeting internally and also in its own email lists. The event is open to the public.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Some people at Fordham University have already been participating in Wikipedia events since 2015. Now that multiple people have participated in multiple events, it seems more worthwhile to try to make meetings more organized.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants - 30
- Number of people who will help organize the event - 7
- coffee and snacks - 150
- childcare - 150