- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on writing and improving travel guides on Spanish Wikivoyage. This content is important to our community due the lack of editions/new travel guides/editors.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will invite all spanish-speaker Wikimedia editors to join the writing contest by posting invitations on village pumps. We will also use geolocated banners to advertise the contest to Wikimedia readers, and promote it on my social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Discord) and eswikivoyage twitter account.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The organizers each week compute the travel guides created or edited and keep track of the participants. Five points for new travel guide, two points for each 2,000 bytes added, one point for ilustrate travel guides with existing photos on Wikimedia Commons (two points if the photos are they autorship and not exist previously) and two points for creating an iberoamerican destination in another language. Challenges give prizes too. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers or for challenge's completion. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
4. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In the Five-year Wikivoyage anniversary, the Spanish Wikivoyage community with the assistance from Wikimedia Spain, organized one edit-a-thon.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 16
- Number of articles created or improved: 920
- Galahad: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, answer questions on contest talk page, check scores, purchase prizes.
- Jorge Abellán: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, check scores.
- Hispano76: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, check scores.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 600 USD for prizes. $150/$100/$50 for top three prizes and $300 for challenges completed.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!