Grants:Project/Rapid/James Moore200/Photographs at MES2021 in Nigeria
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill". I am an active Wikimedian and convener, Wiki Loves SDGs Nigeria. I also led a team of over 60 participants during Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Ilorin and Kwar a State at large.
The goal of this project is to:
- add high quality images of delegates and most especially notable African women
- Increase content on English Wikipedia
- Create Awareness about Wikimedia Projects among African Writers and Delegates during the Summit
- Increase the number of notable African women images on Commons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Applied for photo accreditation as a delegate
- Requested for presentation slot during the summit
- Offered a slot for presentation during the Summit
- Network with other photographers and notable Africans
- Use social media accounts of Wikimedia User Group to showcase the project (Wikimedia Usergroup)
- Write a report and present the result to the Summit organisers and delegates
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I have shared notification with members of the Wikimedia Community in Nigeria see WUGN WikiProject Nigeria
- With the support of Wikimedians from Wikimedia User Group Nigeria official facebook fan page, Yoruba Wikipedia official facebook fan page, Yoruba Wikipedia Community portal.
- Had discussions with the organisation in charge of the Summit in Nigeria, Ladders Development Initiative Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Added several hundred photographs to Commons
- Added data and increased quality to Wikidata
- Added the pictures to the corresponding wikipedia articles in English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.
- Increase awareness about Wikimedia Projects among Africans
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 1+community participation
- Number of events: 1 Event
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) more than 80
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 30 across various languages.
- Reduce gender gap and underrepresentation of minority
- Increase the presence of delegates, ambassador and social entrepreneurs attending the Summit
- Make available quality photos on commons and strengthening more relationship with summit organizers
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project is based on my voluntary contribution
- Planning support from Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria
- Communicated with the Summit Organisers
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- DSCL Camera Rental $27/Day x 3Days = $81
- Internet for pictures upload and report writing = $100
- T-shirts (for Photographers who will join to give free licensed images): $14 x 5 = $70
- Sourvenirs (For awareness during the Summit) = $300
- Air Travel = $290
- Transportation within Abuja and Ilorin = $57
- Accommodation $53/Day x 4days = 212
- Meals $26/Day x 4Days = 104
- Contingency = $86
Total- $1,300; 494,000
Exchange rate used = 380/$ (Dollar)
- I support the project because its going to raise more awareness of the conference all over world when viewed on Wikipedia and particularly the women representatives and representation in the conference Zend2020 (talk) 10:00, 10 June 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Ptinphusmia (talk) 01:29, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support DaSupremo (talk) 20:34, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
- Beautiful one. This project will create more awareness about the conference in the goal arena when sourced on wikip. Johnjoy12 ((talk)) 3 December 2021