Grants:Project/Rapid/Kaizenify/Black Climate Rights edit a thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add images to commons
- Create a relationship with Climate Organization in Nigeria
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning 3 editathons in three major cities in Nigeria: Lagos, Ibadan and Oshogbo which will focus on recruiting editors and creating and improving articles about climate change and human right activists in Africa.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The project will be announced to Wikimedia User Group Nigeria mailing list, social media and each partnered organization will announce it on their various channels.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, i personally have the required experience as i have led various editathons around Nigeria and also will be assisted by other Nigerian experienced editors which include Olaniyan olushola and also other experienced volunteer editors from our various hubs in each host city.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have the necessary computer devices for the project as that's part of the requirements and I will be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for all the editathons.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will also set up a Telegram group for all participants to talk and share ideas. A mailing list will be created and a support system set up to encourage new recruits. Also we will send a post event questionnaire to get their needs.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This editathon is one that will further seal Wikimedia Nigeria relationship with climate change organization in Nigeria and Africa and also further bridge the information gap that exists about climate change activists in Africa.
- This is the event page which will outline all the metrics for the editathons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants: 120(40 per event)
- Number of new editors: 95%
- Number of of articles created or improved: 200
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): since our project travels, each event is unique with new users.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify; Project lead and experienced editor.
- Olaniyan Olushola, Project facilitator and President of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria
- Mahveotm, facilitator and experienced Wikimedian
- Event hall to be provided by the partnering organization.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the budget breakdown for the Project
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of campaign|
(Sumtotal :NGN610,000 (USD 2,000))
|1||Foods and drinks||125||2500||312500||8.19||1024.6||This is the cost of food for participants and facilators|
|2||Internet||1||85355||85355||279.85||279.85||This is the cost of Spectra outdoor moderm and 60gb data value on it|
|3||Customized shirts||6||3000||18000||9.83||59.01||This is a high quality material and would be strictly for facilitators and the a leader of each partnered organization.|
|4||Local transport for facilitators traveling||2||50000||100000||163.93||327.86||This would cover the cost or transportation of the campaign coordinators within Lagos and travel to Ibadan and Oshogbo|
|5||Online digital banner and media coverage||1||75000||75000||245.901||245.901||This budget is design to take care of expenses on the designing online banners and a subsidized cost to take care of documentary video of the editathon and photography coverage.|
|6||Contingency||1||19145||19145||62.77||62.77||This is for unforeseen expenses|
|Grand Total: Sumtotal :NGN610,000 (USD 2,000)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!