Grants:Project/Rapid/Kunokuno/Art + Feminism in the Philippines Campaign 2021
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors, particularly female or those that are part of the LGBTQ+ Community
- Increase skills for existing editors and update them with regards the Wikimedia movement across the globe
- Conduct an interview of 10 females who are active in arts or feminism movements and create new articles based on that data
- Add, improve content, and use the content translation tool to improve the efficacy of the tool. This list will be the priority of the project.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This will be a series of six edit-a-thons. The first part will focused on the objectives of Art + Feminism Campaign. The four sessions will be the actual edit-a-thons. The last part will still be an edit-a-thon but it will be allotted for revisions and proofreading of created and improved articles.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The activity will be published via local website that supports this kind of initiatives. This will also be published on a printed media. Invitations will be sent to those who have participated this activity before. I will also submit the schedule of this event to the Art and Feminism group so they'll be able to host it in their page.
Here are the links:
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- There will be an experience Wikimedia editor who will help during the entire duration of this event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will be informed to bring their own laptops to reduce the expense of having to rent a pc. However, those that cannot bring their own devices, there are two spare laptops which are personally owned and can be borrowed by the participants. With regards the accuracy and quality of the content, a local expert on orthography and linguistics will be part of this event. A tutorial before the event will be conducted so as to provide the participants with the knowledge of interface and content editing of Wikipedia.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- A social media group will be created. It can also be either a Telegram or Whatsapp group. A major list of to-be-created articles will be made on the Central Bikol Wikipedia together with a point system to provide a friendly competition among the participants. The best editor and best article will be recognized upon the end of the campaign. An Outreach Dashboard will be created to provide a real-time statistics for the edit-a-thon.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, but every session will only be limited to ten participants including the organizer to adhere to the physical distancing protocols.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This activity not only aims to teach the basics of editing but more importantly, how every Wikipedian should help in addressing the inequality in gender, feminism, and the arts as well. As a whole, this activity aims to build not only the editing skills, but also to increase awareness on issues of gender gaps.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:6 (Each session will be 4 hours in length/half day to minimize physical contact and exposure)
- Number of participants:30 (10 participants per session which will be on schedule)
- Number of new editors:20
- Number of of articles created or improved:50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- There will be three experienced Wikimedians during the event which will check the quality of every article. Two linguistics experts will also do proof readings and provide short lectures for the participant. The Art+Feminism Group has also provided a quick guide for the event organizers which can be fully utilized.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1. Food and Drinks = PHP 380(lunch and snacks)x 10 participants x 6 sessions = PHP 22,800.00
- 2. Venue Rental (with personal computers and internet connection) = PHP 4,900 X 6 days = PHP 29,400.00
- 3. Communication Expenses = PHP 3,500.00
- 5. Printing expenses (notes, brochures, tarpaulins, stickers) = PHP 3,500.00
- 6. Health and Safety kits = PHP 1,200.00 x 6 sessions = PHP 7,200.00
- 7. Documentation Expense = PHP 2,000.00
- 8. Token/prize for the best Art+Feminism editors = PHP 2,500.00
- 9. Contingency Expenses = PHP 5,000.00
Total: PHP 75,900.00 / USD 1,577.88
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Art+Feminism endorses this project. 13ab37 (talk) 23:51, 9 February 2021 (UTC) on behalf of Art+Feminism User Group
- Support clickhere21 endorses this project. (talk) 18:16, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Pablísima (talk) 20:21, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Fernmother endorses this project. Fernmother (talk) 00:16, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Rosa(SiC) (talk) 11:32, 23 February 2021 (CET)