Grants:Project/Rapid/Lokesha Kunchadka/Semister Program in Alvas, Kannada and Tulu Wikipedia
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Take advantage of the diversity of academic disciplines to create and improve contents across a wide array of topics
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Educate students and faculty on how to utilize and edit Wikipedia.
- Motivate and train existing editors/members on editing
- Recruit new members for the club who will be editors for Wikipedia.
- Collaboratively improve the quality of Wikimedia project content through edit-a-thons, workshops, educational programs, and more.
- Outreaching to more women to join Wikimedia
- Fill the Inadians content gap on Wikimedia projects
- Create a physical community of student editors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to conduct a series of workshop. This workshop will be conducted in Alva's College Moodubidire. Mainly we are going to conduct these workshops in college. We wants to conduct these in collage because where we get students and infrastructure like laptop and internet coennction.
|1||Kannada wikipedia Edithon||10,11 Aug 2019|
|2||Tulu Wikipedia Edit athon||10,11 Sep 2019|
|3||Meet up||1 Nov, 10 Dec 2019|
|4||Out Reach||15 july, 21 Aug 2019|
|5||Wiki Training||15,16 July 2019|
Note that dates are tentative. We are in the final stage of confirming the revised date.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Village pump Kannada wikipedia
- Mailing List.
- Event Page.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Only few participants are expected to have the resources. For others who do not have resources and equipments we will arrange it. We will be arranging the edit-a-thons at the computer labs of various colleges. In this way we are solving needs related to equipments. Participants will be provided with necessary trainings and materials. Also we will train them to edit on mobile if necessary. This will retain the editors for long.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The participants will be kept in touch after event through email, social media like Facebook and Whatsapp group. Also we will keep their track on Wiki. If they face any difficulties we will solve that problems. As per plan we are going to conduct follow-up edit-a-thon at the same places.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project also will bring some needed content to Kannada, Tulu Wikipedia. We will also concentrates on editor relationship from these events.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 8
- Number of participants: 100
- Number of new editors: 70
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Si No||Detail||Amount in INR|
|1||Wiki Training -2 Programe||19,000|
|2||Two days editathon – Kannada Wikipedia -1, Tulu Wikipedia -1 Prorgame||51,600|
|3||Wiki meet-up -2 Prorgame||20,000|
|4||Out Reach -2 Prorgame||19,000|
|6||Total in INR||1,29,600|
|7||Total in USD||1878.26|
- Detailed budget is available in a Google spreadsheet Here
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here
- Support This project will surely helpful for the students to take more initiative and would be a great support for the wikipedia association. Durga bhat bollurodi (talk) 04:11, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support A good plan. Best wishes! Maffeth.opiana (talk) 04:52, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support I support this project. Would be very helpful in building Wikipedia community to more heights. Best wishes. Pranavshivakumar (talk) 05:51, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Seems good to me. Good luck! Kind regards, — Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk) 03:07, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
- Good Project BENET G AMANNA (talk) 10:56, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support this is good proposal.--Sahana L (talk) 16:11, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose I have lots of doubts about this grant request, which I have mentioned in the discussion page. Till these doubts are properly clarified, I don't support this grant request.--Pavanaja (talk) 05:16, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose I also have lots of doubts about this grant request, so I don't support this grant request. 2015th onwards in our college we conduct several edi-ta-thons, these all are college level program, so we not applied for any financial patronage by Wikimedia. Alva's have good network infrastructure facility like computer center and Internet. Alva's college has Wikipedia Association, member of this association are most eligible for apply for this grant. So I strongly oppose this grant requested by outsider. I feel there is vested interest behind this grant --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 07:52, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- Vishwanatha Badikana sir, I am interested in extending Wikipedia to other colleges of Alvas. I contacted Email. Your mission clearly understands that I am not running the show. Sir have you hosted other sections(department) of Wikipedia editathon in your college?--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 15:00, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Yes I have the same doubts. I don't support this grant request --Kishorekumarrai (talk) 12:50, 17 June 2019 (UTC)