Grants:Project/Rapid/Madrid/Wikipedia at World Pride/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? I'm very happy with how the project went. We exceeded our goal and the atmosphere was good as well.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|30 articles,||49 articles in 10 languages,||better outcome through a lot of help from Spanish Wikicommunity|
|20 portrait photos, additional photos of World Pride||about 10 portrait photos, additional single speaker photos, additionally great photos of the parade itself that were taken after our event by our participant and Wikimedian User:Barcex and also photos taken of the high heel race taken by User:Barcex. Additionally photos taken of the critical pride by a participant User:DaddyCell||photos have to be uploaded later because they need to be worked on and converted from CR2 to JPG but there are already some online, single speaker photos are more realistic. It was hard to get portrait photos from speakers as they dispersed quickly from the sessions and it was hard to get a hold on them. Results are gathered in commons. Other than that the additional results are gathered in the above mentioned categories.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? Advertising in Wikicommunity was effective even on short notice (through blog and through normal wiki pages)
- What did not work so well? Accommodation should have been booked further in advance and would then have been more comfortable, everything should have been planned earlier
- What would you do differently next time? Plan earlier, notify Wikimedia Spain before beginning of 2018 so that they can include the project in their APG. We might do something similar at World Pride New York 2019. I'll talk to people at Wikimania in Montréal about this.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- food = 624,24 Euros
- public transport= 51,70 Euros
- tickets for summit for three people on 26th of June= 30 Euros
- extra accommodation = 30 Euros
- lock for lockers at the hostel: 7,90 Euros
- reimbursement of tickets: 817,95 Euros
- I spend additional funds on the reimbursement of the Visa costs for the Kyrgyz and the Russian participant
- further more I had to also buy two nights in the hostel which cost 23 Euros.
- in bank fees for the transfer of the travel costs to the Russian participant I had to pay 22,5 Euros.
- Remaining are now 31,19 Euros. I could use them to reimburse Visa costs that would have been 35 Euros for Ukranian participant but the bank fees will probably consume most of it unfortunately.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- 31,19 Euros remaining -> probably to reimburse Visa costs of Ukranian participant.
Anything else you want to share about your project? I think it was great. Results can be seen on the results page.