Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Madrid/Wikipedia at World Pride/Report
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hi Earlyspatz, thanks for your report. I'll be doing a fuller review later this week, but for now, I wanted to address your question about your remaining funds. Visa expenses can be reimbursed with your remaining funds, but can you provide some documentation around the cost of these visa fees and note those specific expenses under the Grant funds spent section of the final report? A receipt or a gov't website detailing those fees would be appropriate. You can send these to rapidgrantswikimedia.org when you are able. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 22:10, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- @Earlyspatz: Apologies for the delay in my follow-up-- I just became a father shortly after my last message in late July, and have just started to return to work in a partial capacity. We received your additional documentations around visa fees, thanks very much for sending those documents our way. Here are my comments / questions on your report:
- Thanks for preparing this results page including the new articles created as a result of your efforts. The writings from your journal make clear the weight and difficulty of work you and other participants in the trip are facing, and why the work is important. For example, Among our articles were the first ones on sexual diversity in Kyrgyz ever written and Among the mosts memorable moments were meeting the vice- president of InterPride Frank van Dalen who was especially interested in learning about the situation in Russia from our Russian participant. I really appreciate you including these memories, because they tell an important narrative beyond just the articles created / images taken metrics.
- I'm really happy to see that there was an effort in this project to contribute across Wikimedia projects of different languages. You've gathered a great collection of photos, and there are indeed photos that would make for great lead images for biographical articles.
- In terms of reimbursing the participant from the Ukraine, have these funds been sent to this person yet? This use of the funds is certainly eligible, so if you'd like to do this, please let us know when the funds have been sent and I can formally approve the report.
- Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 10:30, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- Dear @I JethroBT (WMF): congratulations on becoming a father! I will send the money to the Ukrainian participant as soon as I'm back in Berlin, which will be on the 31st of August (it was my first time in America after Wikimania and I travelled to Toronto and the East cost). I was a little hesitant because the fees of my bank are to high even if the amount of money is small. But it's better then not having the funds spend. Thank you for your comments on the diary. I also consider this aspect of the concept of Wikipedia for Peace important because it's the experiences that the participants have during the project that are among the most important. --Earlyspatztalk 14:43, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- @Earlyspatz: Thanks. My apologies (I forgot to ask)-- could you send a bank statement or other payment showing that these last funds have been sent? Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:53, 5 September 2017 (UTC)