Grants:Project/Rapid/Manouka/Notability Checkers workshop 2017
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Strengthen bonds among community members
- Increase skills of existing editors
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Active editors from our user group want to have that work shop of training of notability checkers. The main reason is to train them to the principles of audit of admissibility for articles. Also this training will be used to create a pool of wikipedia’s articles checkers which will ensure keeping even and which will audit articles to ameliorate.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- We did a training project focused on writing skills that we called “wikipedia class”, around 10 contributors have been recruited trained and several articles have been created by them.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- We will invite people through our mailing list, and update spread the word on our Facebook group and website
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- As members of User Group, they will be part of a task force providing useful advice and guidance about notability of articles on wikipedia.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Our user group has around 30 contributors , created more than 200 articles and uploaded more than 3 000 over the 3 latest years. We deem important to have a group of articles’ notability checkers in our team to help produce quality articles. This workshop will help set up that team of checkers.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 40
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 3
The project team will benefit from the support of the User Group.
- We expect about 10 people attending each of the 4 training sessions.
- 1. Food & beverage = USD 112,36 x 4= USD 449,42
- 2. Travel / coordination = USD 365,38 x 4 = USD 1461,53
- 3. Communication = USD 18,27 X 4 = USD 73,08
- Total Amount = USD 1 984,03 / XOF 1 086 000,000
- Yasield (talk) Ce projet permettra aux membres d'acquérir davantage de compétences.
- Aman ADO (talk) ce projet de formation des éditeurs d’articles sur Wikipédia renforcera les capacités des contributeurs pour des contenus de qualité. j'adhère.
- Support Creating quality contents is a crucial challenge for our User Group. This workshop will certainly have a tremendous impact our group's editing capacity in terms of quality. African Hope (talk)
- Support Landryandco (talk) 16:11, 26 September 2017 (UTC) ce projet permettra aux contributeurs d'acquérir des compétences avancées.
- Support Ce projet permettra un renforcement de capacités, pour plus d'articles de qualité. Mouahé (talk) 17:18, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support The publication of a large number of articles, is currently one of the weak points of the user group of Côte d'Ivoire. Therefore this project is welcome to boost this aspect of their activities and, in the same way, enrich sustainably the encyclopedia. --Zenman (talk) 08:35, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Didierwiki (talk) 12:32, 28 September 2017 (UTC) ce projet permettra aux contributeurs d'acquérir de plus en plus des expériences.
- Support This project will help the user group look more to a family and increase the editing skills of its members. I wish this project will be true. MKwadyo (talk) 05:16, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Emmanuel Dabo (talk) 16:11, 26 September 2017 (UTC) ce projet permettra aux contributeurs d'acquérir des compétences avancées.