Grants:Project/Rapid/May Hachem93/Her story international women's day event
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors,
- Increase skills for existing editors,
- Add or improve content,
- Engage more women to narrow the gender gap,
- Add more female profiles to Wikipedia,
- Improve/ create gender terms articles from the UN Women official terms glossary,
- Expanding regionally/ geographically within Egypt and outside.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Two edit-a-thons, but we have been preparing for since Feb. 2018.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- May Hachem93 + team of volunteers I prepared well to deal with the big numbers we have.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, the UN Women will provide laptop devices and internet, logistics, catering.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have a Facebook page to announce any upcoming events. Also, Her Story is a long going campaign, we have a 1000+ volunteers. We keep them engaged through public events or workshops at the UN Women Regional Office. Running series of workshops during the year.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We started preparing for this event since Feb.,2018.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 2
- Number of participants 400 volunteers
- Number of new editors 350 volunteers
- Number of of articles created or improved 300
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 50 volunteers
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- UN Women Regional Office for Arab States
- UN Women Egypt
- Swedish Embassy
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||Prize||1st prize ː 5th prize||prize||5||$100||$500||$|
|2||Prize||6th prize ː 12th prize||prize||7||$60||$420||$|
|3||Transportation and printing||Transportation and printing||N/A||N/A||N/A||$80||$|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!