Grants:Project/Rapid/NO TOEFL POETRY CONTEST
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Making the world a better place by making the difference
- Receiving poems from three categories, according to English being their first,second and third language
- Promoting healthy competitions and publishing compilations of exceptionally classic poems
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- A lot of Nigerians and Africans at large will embrace it because they know that the English language factor has been settled already. We all know that TOEFL is very important before any University abroad can take in an international student. The main objective of NO TOEFL POETRY CONTEST is to draw the world to the attention that whether essay,poetry or letter writing, the student level of English is very crucial to his/her emergence as winner of such contests. In addition, It is pertinent to give more unknown poets from developing countries the opportunity to showcase their sublime God-given talents.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Through my website which will be connected to Adsense and Adword of the Google platform. The services of Facebook, Twitter,InstaGram, and other major social media platforms will also be engaged.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- I have informed the service of the Literature professor at my current University, but I do not know if he would rescind his decision to be given money; he believes that I have been given funds already. I am counting on him to see reasons and avail his opinion and juror's desk for free. This project is beyond money, I have always wanted to have a Poetry Contest Website as far back as ten years ago. But do not look down on my experience when it comes to discerning good and excellent poems; I know an exceptional poem.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Many poets are finding it harder to embrace Poetic platforms online, this is due to the believe that it favors poets from developed countries; especially those where English is their first language. My website will give people whose English are second and third language the unique opportunity participate freely, since winners will be selected from three categories: (1) Countries with English as first language (2) Countries with English as second language (3) Countries with English as third language.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants and testimonies
- Number of articles created or improved
- The outreach of people based on search engine optimization results
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am an undergraduate Student of Computer Science at NOUN in Lagos Nigeria, I have bought a brand new laptop because I must become a software engineer in the future. I currently have four fish ponds which I use to make ends meat. I also have siblings who depend on me for their education and other financial obligations. The truth is that, I do not have enough money to singlehandedly bankroll this project, hence your help is paramount to its sprouting up and development. In other words, the coming alive of this project is dependent on your grant.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- (1) Money for website registration and hosting (2) Money for Adsense and adword for Google optimization result (3) Money for the first set of prizes that will be disbursed or allotted to the three categories of winners.
= Endorsements ==
Please rally round this unique initiative to change the paradigm and make the word a better place. By giving your consent to this project you are making a ten years' dream of a warrior to come to life. Thank you!