Grants:Project/Rapid/Nilamkarn/Women Edit-a-thon in Nepal
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add and improve content of women related articles.
- Recruit new female editors
- Increase Wikipedia editing skills for existing and new editors.
- Aware students about Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to organize a month long Women edit-a-thon (online) in March 2020 focusing to improve and create women related articles in Maithili Wikipedia. We are also planning to spread our Wikipedia knowledge to aware the college students by giving them Basic Wikipedia Training in two different cities of Nepal. Finally, We would also like to host an awareness program about Women in Wikipedia with volunteers, editors and students on the occasion of International Women's Day in Rajbiraj.
- We will select the city for the Basic Wikipedia Training event after the official Meetup with members of MWUG.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have discussed about this event with our community members. one can see the relevant link of the community discussion here- Link
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes we do have experienced editors from Maithili Wikipedia who will support for the success of this event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Well, for the online edit-a-thon there will be no need for the equipment's as most of the participant have their own machine. If anyone needs any sort of help with the internet connectivity, we will arrange a community space and invite them to participate in the contest.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create chat groups in social media platform to communicate with the students and participants for further collaboration.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This event will be definitely increase the number of women related articles in Maithili Wikipedia and also spread the basic knowledge of Wikipedia among college students where we are planning to execute the Basic Wikipedia Training.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
|Target||Online Edit-a-thon Event||Women's Day Awareness Event||Basic Wikipedia Training|
|Number of events||1||1||2|
|Number of participants||10-15||40-60||80-100|
|Number of new editors||2-4||-||-|
|Number of of articles created or improved||30-40||-||5 to 10 (improvement)|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)||5-8||10-20 (including volunteers)||-|
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have experience members from MWUG, who is going to support this event as a resource person.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|1||Online Edit-a-thon Felicitation Event||25000 NPR||This includes event venue, travel reimbursements and refreshments for events|
|2||Edit-a-thon Winners Prize||30000 NPR||Gift hampers for top 3 contributors (Maithili Dictionary, Maithili literature and history subect books, Certificate for participants, Token of Appreciation)|
Discussion between team members and volunteer
|10000 NPR||Tea and snacks for participants|
|4||Women's Day Awareness Program||30000 NPR||Venue and Refreshments for participants|
|5||Basic Wikipedia Training (2 cities)||60000 NPR||Accommodation and travel of trainer and snacks for students and college authorities|
|6||SWAG material and Back Drop||12500 NPR||SWAG material for Basic Wikipedia Training and Back Drop will be used in every events|
|7||Communication and Miscellaneous||10000 NPR|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!