Grants:Project/Rapid/Nnamdi Azikiwe Library (NAL) Edit-a-thon 2019
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? We will do two edit-a-thons and series of training
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. The event will be advertised in the University website (www.unn.edu.ng) and notices send to staff through the university mailing list and the Library edit-a-thon whatsapp discussion group. The event will also be publicized by the university local radio station "Lion FM". Posters will also be produced and pasted at strategic positions in the University such as departmental notice boards and administrative buildings.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Yes, we have people who are experienced in wiki editing. Dr Ngozi Osadebe and Asso. Prof. Victoria Okafor, facilitators for 2017 and 2018 Nnamdi Azikiwe Library Art+Feminism edit-a-thons will be available to help us. The Library will be very grateful if Mohammed Sadat User: Masssly will be available to help us too. Last year we wasted so much of our time trying to move articles from our sandboxes without success. We will be very grateful if a more experienced wikipedian like Masssly will be sent to help us.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? Yes, the equipment and skills needed to contribute high quality content are available. Nnamdi Azikiwe Library is a university library with well furnished computer laboratories containing not less than two thousand functional computers. Internet connectivity is available though slow and fluctuating. Many of the participants have participated in the past Nnamdi Azikiwe Library edit-a-thons and none of them is without at least a master degree in their disciplines. These experienced participants will be an asset in training new recruits.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? Nnamdi Azikiwe library maintains a whatsapp group of their Wikipedia editors. Through the whatsapp group, participants keep in contact with each other, share experiences of the event and make suggestions on how to improve future events.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes. Last year, 2018, we submitted report of our event. Up till now, there is no information for us to know how we fared. We will like to have report of the review to know areas we did well and the ones we need to improve on.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 2
- Number of participants 50
- Number of new editors 30
- Number of of articles created or improved 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have computers, projector splinter and screens, internet router, public address system and projector screens.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item||Details||Unit NGN||Quantity||Total NGN|
|Projector Machine||Epson 3000 Lumens||230,000||1||230000|
|Internet Data||For 2 days. To be used for backup||18000||2||36000|
|A3 size Posters||22000||50||22000|
|Lunch||For 50 people per event||1250||100||125000|
|Drinks||For 50 people per event||3700||6||22,100|
|Childcare||For 2 Days||10000||2||20000|
|Diesel as backupfor generator||For 2 days||10000||2||20000|
|Bus to convey participants from Enugu to Nsukka and to cover school run for adults||For 2 days||15000||2||30000|
|Travelling Allowance of User: Olaniyan Olushola||FeedingX3, Accomodation , Local Transport and Airticket)||149,000||1||149,000|
|Writing pads for participants 80 pieces||280||80||22400|
|Bottled water packets||700||10||7000|
|Biscuits, sweets, Groundnuts, garden eggs and Chewing gums for||For 2 days||20,000||1||20000|
|1 USD = 359.75 NGN||NGN||719,500|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support The Nnamdi Azikiwe Library staff led by User:Ngozi Osadebe is proposing to host a post-March Art+Feminism event. In the last two years, they've held the largest editathons in West Africa, and contribute good material. I believe they need this support to do it again this year. —M@sssly✉ 11:17, 4 March 2019 (UTC)