Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Nnamdi Azikiwe Library (NAL) Edit-a-thon 2019
Hi, Ngozi Osadebe, thank you for submitting this rapid grant request! We have received a high volume of requests, which may delay our review. We appreciate your patience and will respond to your request as soon as possible. In the meantime, I have a couple comments and questions:
- Thank you for asking about the report from last year. We have received a huge number of reports and have fallen behind in reviewing them. We will be sure to review that one and leave questions/comments on it before making a decision on this grant request.
- I see that Masssly has endorsed this grant; does that mean that Masssly will definitely be attending to help?
- We consider t-shirts to be a high-cost, low-value item. Therefore, we'd like to ask you to please remove them from their budget or reduce the number to just a few — perhaps 5 (two for organizers, three for the top contributors). Would that be possible?
- In the past we have noticed that Oanda, while reliable in many situations, does not always accurately reflect the currency exchange rate between Nigeria and the United States. If you would prefer to use the rates posted on the Central Bank of Nigeria, please update the budget to reflect that. If not, just confirm here that we should use Oanda when calculating conversions for this grant.
Please check this page for additional comments and questions as we review the application and please feel free to reach out to us with questions; we are here to help with a successful grant application!
- Hi @LSmith (WMF): I will not be attending the event. I live in Ghana, and would prefer that an experienced Wikipedian closer to the venue attends in my stead. User:Olushola has agreed to propose to attend. —M@sssly✉ 09:45, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
Hi @LSmith (WMF):. I have effected the changes as you recommended. However, Central Bank of Nigeria exchange rate of NGN307 = USD1 is only on paper. The actual exchange rate is NGN361 = USD1. Thank you very much for considering our proposal. User:Ngozi osadebe
Hello Lindsey @LSmith (WMF):. Our event is just seven days away. Every plan for the event is now set. Training have been concluded but I have not received any information from the grant administrators. I need advise. [User:Ngozi Osadebe]]
Grant request approved
Hello, Ngozi Osadebe; thank you for answering LSmith (WMF)'s questions and for making the necessary adjustments in your proposal. We are approving your grant request. Regards, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 14:21, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
Report submission extended to 5 July
Hello, after Ngozi osadebe communicated delays in the project timeline due to unforeseen circumstances, the final report and expense documentation for this grant project will now be due 5 July 2019. If there are any further concerns, requests, or updates regarding the project, please contact rapidgrantswikimedia.org. Thank you! Best, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 03:25, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
Report submission date extended to 15 July
Hello. Noting here that as communicated over email, the submission date for the final report and expense documentation has been extended to 15 July 2019. Thank you. Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 21:00, 5 July 2019 (UTC)