Grants:Project/Rapid/Offordile234/Nigerian Female Film Producers, Directors and Actors on Wikidata
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: We will recruit new female editors
- Increase skills for existing editors: Existing editors will participate will skilled editors and improve their capacity
- Add or improve content: Plenty new content will be added to Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 5 Edit-a-thon will be carried out accordingly.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Social Media will be used mainly, such as Snapchat, WhatsApp to communicate and announce the event. I have also added it in https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes I do. This Editors include Kid Keen 47 and Anurikaonu and some others
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are skilled and have equipment needed to participate. A few participants who may not have all the skills will be trained. Also some participants who do not have computers will use a cybercafe.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will be in contact with the participants through the social medias and the groups that will be formed for all participants. part of the discussion in the Edith-a-thon is to encourage every participants after the programme to keep editing in wikidata for at least the next one month
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- The project will be done online
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will help to increase the information about Nigerian women in Wikimedia. Many of the participants will also be female
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 5 Events
- Number of participants: 35
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved - 150 Articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 6
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have been contributing as an editor for several months using my laptop. I have discussed and confirmed the participation of experienced editors who will also be using their laptops and guide others.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data for all participants that have laptops - 70 x 5Events =$350
- Food and drink for all participants 105 x 5 Events = $525
- Use of Cyber Cafe by 3 participants: 30 x 3 x - x 5 events =$450
- Miscellenous =$50
- Total = $1350
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Offordile is full of energy and a very enthusiastic volunteer. i support this project Anurikaonu (talk) 16:10, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
- Offordile has my endorsement on this project. I support the project Kid keen 47|talk) 16:30, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
- I have personally noticed insufficient information about Nigerian film directors and producers in wikidata. I support this project Hamzabash (talk) 18:01, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Kabiru1112 (talk) 18:49, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- I think that female producers and directors should also be covered not only actors as is always the case. I support Gizmo141 (talk) 13:27, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- I would love to know more about Nigerian female artists. Great project! Sorora e.V (talk) 16:57, 24 February 2021 (UTC)