Grants:Project/Rapid/Online Harassment, Art and Feminism
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Project proposed by User:Medea7
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Improve human rights in wikipedia
- Create awareness for politicians and governmental decision makers
- Bring open knowledge to UN-Delegates
The Edit-A-Thon will take place as a side event at the CSW64 (Commission on the Status of Women) at the UN in New York March 2020.
As women face severe harassment in Online communities it is important to create articles with informations and help.
The attacks on women are - other than the attacks on men - often sexist and pornographic. The violence consists of rape and death threat.
As a consequence women are less present and men take over with their interests and positions.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
The Edit-A-Thon will present experiences by IT-Women and show how hate speech works.
Together with the Webgrrls community we will create a supporting network to help women not to shut up, to support women in the Information Technology sector.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
There will be a project page to also participate online.
We will do a wikiblog, use social media and online presence of http://webgrrls.de.
It will be advertised around the UN-conference, at SAP and around the German delegation..
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Yes, I organized several events as well as the others who are in the team.
The German Team consists out of 4 German women.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will have keynote speeches by the president of the National Council of German Women’s Organizations.
Also we want Andrea Patricia Kleiman from Argentina as keyspeakerin.
Besides books and research will be provided.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
The event will be evaluated and taken further in Germany to get these subjects more present in the German community.
Further Edit-A-Thons are planned.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
It is a unique opportunity to do this event around the UN-delegates as I got selected for being a member in the German Governmental Delegation to represent the civil society.
All this work is voluntary. I am a teacher of information technology teaching programming to men as women do not have access to learn information technology.
In my private time I am a Wikimedian in Germany. I am trying to change the situation for women as a board member of the Information technology women network Webgrrls.de
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: One Edit-A-Thon as side event at the CSW64, follow-up events in Germany
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
My flight will be paid by Webgrrls.de. As Governmental delegate I will have access to enter the UN. My friend offered to stay with her. Three engaged women will help in the organization and realization. We have contacts to SAP where we want to do the Edit-A-Thon.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- food and drinks for the event, approximately 200 $
- badges, registration goodies, approximately 150 $
- technical equipment for presentation, fotos and laptops, approximately 300 $
- fee for using the space, approximately 300 $
Total: 950 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Endorsed on behalf of Art+Feminism with just one caveat -- the list of speakers/participants below should be earlier in the grant and not in the endorsement section. --Siankevans (talk) 15:35, 20 January 2020 (UTC)
Andrea Patricia Kleiman, Founder of “Mujeres de Latino America”, Buenos Aires, Argentina, keyspeaker
Nattes Achat, les sans pages, online
Jacqueline Mabey, Art and Feminism, practical support
Daniela Brugger, Art and Feminism, online
Anne M. Haasis, in the German NGO-Delegation, practical help
Katrin Grunwald, in the German NGO-Delegation, practical help
Karoline Klose, in the German NGO-Delegation, practical help