Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content.
- Recruit new editors.
- Engage existing editors.
- Introducing them on how to add free and open licenses (images/photos) to wikipedia commons.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- The team is going to organize about twenty (20) Photowalks in the space of two moths Thus from 1st July,2019 – 1st September,2019. The number of participant involved would be ten (10)
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The team is looking at taking pictures of various culture activities or display, monuments and many more that occur during the Homowo festival in various towns (La, Teshie, Nungua, Osu, Ga-Mashie, Tema among others) in the capital city. During the festivity there is an annual event that promotes arts, murals and graffiti during the celebration, thus Chale Wote Street Festival among others.The reason for open festival project is because there is a content gap in relation to festivals in Ghana. So we express interest in closing the gap and also meeting the wikimedia 2030 strategic movement through equity and service.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- After each Photowalk a day would be set aside whereby participant would come together at a space for an upload session and if we are not able to upload all images we will ensure that participant do so when they go home. We would be checking up on them through their user account and our social media platforms.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participant of the event would be encouraged to bring their digital camera and other digital tools that would be used to capture amazing photos or images, furthermore the team would also take a high quality camera from the community for the project if available.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 10 participants and 2 event organizers.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: about 1000 photos.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 25% thus 50 photos.
- Number of articles created or improved: 50 articles.
We will be following up with participants to help them keep editing and improving their articles over the next several months. We would king in support them if they are not able to make uploads.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Human Resources
- Jesse will be the project lead.
- Leonard Hagan would be technical lead and key photographer.
- Tour Guide (s/he would enable as navigate and get access to key places where we can take variety of photos or images).
- Community Support (OFWA).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Budget/Financial Resources
- We would ask for the community camera, if in use during our project timeline, then we will need to rent 2 camera's for the entire duration of the project (for the entire project) = GHC 500.
- Food (For team and volunteers) = 10 people x 10days x GHC 20 food cost = GHC 2000.
- Transportation (Round trip for team and volunteers) = GHC 700
- Internet (For upload session) = GHC 1000.
- Total Amount (- Camera)= GHC 3700.
- Grand Total Amount (+ Camera)= GHC 4200.
- Miscellaneous (Previous Project) = GHC 150 (This would be used for printing [Swags & Other Materials]).
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I endorse this project because it would enable the promotion of Ghanaian arts and culture through festivals. Richest Kid (talk) 02:26, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- I endorse this project because it is going to bridge the content gap of festival in Ghana and this initiative would enable team meet the strategic direction of the community.Benard Don (talk) 09:18, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- I endorse this project because I believe it would contribute to enriching the local content in Ghana Leooney (talk) 10:06, 1 July 2019 (UTC)