Grants:Project/Rapid/OtuNwachinemere/Cafe and co-workspaces in Abuja
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Engage and Increase skills for existing editors
- Create content on Wikidata and add content to Commons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of 4 edit-a-thons online. A tentative working list includes:
- Salamander Cafe
- Café de vie
- Vintage Cafè Abuja
- Café Flour
- Bijou Cafe, Restaurant & Spa
- Grounded Cafe
- Habil Café
- Cake Hut Cafe
- Nosta Cafe
- Metro Cafe' & Grill
- Cafeteria Maitama, Abuja
- Bunna Cafe
- Hugs and Mugs Cafe Abuja
- PinkSugar Café Abuja
- Coco Cafe
- Maison The Cafe -
- Bleu Café Abuja
- BluCabana Restaurant & Cafe
- The Cube Café
- Everything But Coffee.
- Health n healthy Specialty Bakery & Cafe
- Crush Cafe
- Ohlalacious Cafe
- Cafe Neo
- Eleven 05 Cafe
- Zona Cafe
- Waffle Way
- A'binchis Café
- UrbanLoft Cafe & Bar
- Munlot Café
- Hootas Place Abuja
- Diovisio Cafe
- Relais Cafe
- Five Abuja
- The Milk Shop
- Strobrié By Joanne
- xara cafe
- Grilled cafe28
- CROW'S CAFÉ
- Caramels Kitchen
- Coffee Cyber Cafe
- Ur Cafe
- Levels Cafe
- House Forty Three
- Chic Cafe
- Café Bufana
- Hashtag Cafe and Bar
- Salt Cafe & Grill
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Messaging apps: WhatsApp and Google meet
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, they do. We will support with Data costs. The first event will consist a training on Wikidata.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- All participants will be placed into a Whatsapp group and will exchange social media handles. Most importantly, they'll be encouraged to continue making contributions to Wikidata and related wiki products in the near future.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Event will be online
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will help to increase the information about Cafes and Co-work spaces in Abuja on Wikidata and hopefully increase visibility as well.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 4
- Number of participants - 20
- Number of new editors - 5
- Number of of articles created or improved - 50+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Experienced editors, laptop computers and mobile phones
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Camera rent - 80 X 2 = $160 (For 2 days to take photos of the subject topic)
- Internet - 70 X 4 =$280
- Food & drinks - 120 X 4 =$480
- Local transport - $120
- Merchandise (Shirts) - $300
- Miscellaneous - $50
TOTAL - $1390
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!