Grants:Project/Rapid/PANKAJ DEO/Provincial Photowalk Series- Province No. 2, Nepal
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To upload photos to Wikimedia Commons.
- To create Wikidata items.
- To engage new photographers to the projects.
- To collaborate with the Province Government.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We will organize 4 photo walk event with the local photographers and community members of MWUG over a period of the project.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The focus of the Provincial Photo walk series is to upload the free licence photos of the Nepalese provincial assembly members, Governors, Ministers and Ministry offices of the Provinces of Nepal. This topic is important because it help us to collaborate with the province government authorities and fulfill the requirement of images to the Wikipedia articles in many languages. In Nepal, there are seven provinces so the project Provincial Photowalk Series will be done in seven series. The first series of the event will be done in Province No. 2 capital city Janakpur. This project expected to set the landmark for the community wikipedians to collaborate and help to success the project.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We will organize an photo-a-thon event (offline and online) to upload the images to Wikimedia commons and later to the Wikimedia projects. After each photo walk, participants will be encouraged to upload their photos to commons and create item with information to the wikidata.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own camera at the photo walk event. We are also in contact with the local photographers team and they have own equipment to produce good images.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants offline and online- 8 - 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons- 250-300
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects- 100-150
- Discussion Link
|S.N.||Type of Expense||Approx. Amount (NPR)||Comments|
|1||Food and accommodation||60,000||Project organizers and volunteers who are travelling outside Janakpur.|
|2||Travel expenses||30,000||Local and other transport.|
|3||Refreshments for Photowalk||35,000||Drinks and food for 4 Photowalk.|
|4||Token of Love||20,000||For official authorities of Province.|
|5||Back drop and printing||10,000|
|6||Communication and Internet Connectivity||15,000|
|7||Offline Photo-a-thon event refreshment||8,000|
|8||T-shirts||12,000||Volunteers and Project head.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!