Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Making the world a better place by making the difference
- Receiving poems from three categories, according to English being their first,second and third language
- Promoting healthy competitions and publishing compilations of classic poems
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This project is aimed at people who are poets and creative thinkers in the order of the ever changing facet of connoisseurs in this dwindling world. It is pertinent to give more unknown poets from developing countries the opportunity to showcase their sublime God-given talents.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Through the website-to-be, which will be "www.poetryvacancy.com",and which will as well be connected to Adsense and Adword of the Google platform. The services of Facebook, Twitter,InstaGram, and other major social media platforms will also be engaged.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- I have informed the service of the Literature professor at my current University, but I do not know if he would rescind his decision to be given money; he believes that I have been given funds already. I am counting on him to see reasons and avail his opinion and juror's desk for free. This project is beyond money, I have always wanted to have a Poetry Contest Website as far back as ten years ago; my life depends on it. I chose the name "Poetry Vacancy" because most people take Poets for a joke, but they are not aware that God wired poets to be that way (to be nothing without Poetry). Critics always argue that Poets are mad, and that the money in poetry can not make it through the harsh reality of life ; that is to say Poetry can not pay bills.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Many poets are finding it harder to embrace Poetic platforms online, this is due to the believe that it favors poets from developed countries; especially those where English is their first language. My website-to-be will give them the unique opportunity, since winners will be selected from three categories: (1) Countries with English as first language (2) Countries with English as second language (3) Countries with English as third language.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
- The outreach of people based on search engine optimization results
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am an undergraduate Student of Computer Science at NOUN in Lagos Nigeria. I have expended a lot of time online since about ten years ago. If i have to add up all the expenses, it can not be less than 450 dollars. I currently have four fish ponds which I use to make ends meat. I also have siblings who depend on me for their education and other financial obligations. The truth is that, I do not have enough money to say that I have an edge on this matter. In other words, the success and failure of this project is totally dependent on your grant fund.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- (1) Money for website registration and hosting (2) Money for Adsense and adword for Google optimization result (3) Money for the first set of prizes that will be disbursed or allotted to the three categories of winners. I would find a way to stockpile the funds through marketing and endorsements for subsequent winners. (4) I barely stay online for long due to lack of data for internet; it will take a lot of money for daily checking of mails and transferring of thousands of poems to my laptop for assessment by the jury. In addition, the Sim card connection is very slow in my area, I was told to buy a Spectranet Modem for a fast, affordable and reliable internet connection. Unfortunately, everything all comes down to money.
Please rally round this unique initiative to change the paradigm and make the word a better place. The name of this project is not to scam any innocent citizens of any country as misconstrued when I put it up for endorsement not long ago. By giving your consent to this project you making a ten years' dream of a warrior to come to life. Thank you!