Grants:Project/Rapid/Photo Tour of Urban Green Spaces in Lagos State
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add new or improve existing content on English Wikipedia and Wiki Commons about urban green spaces in Lagos
- Raise an awareness on urban green spaces in Lagos
- Bridge the knowledge gap between urban green spaces in Lagos and open knowledge.
- To partner with organizations involved in urban green space management and environmental protection.
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- The walk would be done in 5 days, with 5 participants on each walk/day. There would be an extra day to upload content and network with collaborating organizations in the urban space management industry. Totalling a 6 day event.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The walk hopes to present the information (images and texts) of urban green spaces in the form of, but not limited to, parks, gardens and nature reserves in Lagos State into open source knowledge to allow free knowledge users get information about these places in Lagos, thereby promoting environmental protection and sustainability.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- The project has been announced on the Wikiproject Nigeria page , as well as the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria discussion page . The project has also been announced amongst my community members on WhatsApp.
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- E-mails and Messages would be adopted in reaching out to participants.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- An edit-a-thon would be organized to allow images taken to be uploaded on Wiki Commons to allow free usage in promoting as well as improving articles on urban green spaces on English Wikipedia. A session to allow for environmentally inclined organizations would also be hosted to foster relationships and discuss further projects.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants are skilled and trained in providing quality content. Digital camera would be used.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project would contribute towards promoting free knowledge of urban spaces in Lagos and also create awareness of Wiki projects to photographers, interested volunteers and environment enthusiasts.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants should be at least 5
- Number of photos to be uploaded on Wiki Commons should be at least 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects should be at least 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- • ReoMartins Project Lead, Environmental Enthusiast and Photographer.
• Timmylegend Wikipedia Volunteer and Environmental Enthusiast
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Local Transport||1||200,000||200,000||485.47||This is the cost of the vehicle procurement (car and fuel) to be hired which will convey the participants within the state for 5 days.|
|2||Food and drinks||5(*5)||3,000||75,000||182.05||This will cover the feeding and refreshment of the 5 participants for the 5 days during the photo tour.|
|2||Food and drinks||10||2,000||20,000||48.54||This should provide for food on the sixth day when photos will be uploaded, new articles on green spaces would be created and representatives from organisations in environmental protection and green space management will be present.|
|3||Branded T-Shirts||10||3,000||30,000||72.82||This is important for identification and uniformity as it will also help for access during the photo tour.|
|4||Data allowance during the upload session||5||5,000||25,000||60.69||This is the cost of data for each of the 5 participants to upload the various images taken.|
|5||Accomodation||3(*5)||20,000||300,000||728.20||Accomodation cost for 5 nights with 2 participants sharing a room, resulting to 3 rooms.|
|6||Work Space||1||60,000||60,000||145.64||A space would be acquired for uploading contents and networking with partnering organizations on the sixth day.|
|7||Camera Rentage||2(*6)||5,000||60,000||145.64||This is the cost of renting 2 digital cameras for 5 days to take quality images.|
|8||Roll-Up Banner||1||25,000||25,000||60.69||The banner would help with visibility and better identification.|
|9||Contingency cost||1||20,000||20,000||48.55||For calls, bank charges, logistics and miscellaneous.|
|Grand Total (with contingency cost): NGN 815,000 (USD 1,978.29)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I support this initiative! Super excited about this project James Moore200 (talk) 10:07, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
Strong support I'm supporting this project because I believe it will enhance more credibility to wiki commons images [[Major Lyte]]Talk 10:15, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- This is a great initiative. I believe in the ability of the team lead to deliver well. I strongly support this.OTim75 (talk) 11:13, 3 August 2021 (UTC)